Question

OAUTH & SMTP with O365

• 18 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Dear All

As you can see IFS supported on now OAUTH2 based authentication when sending emails from IFS 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/030_administration/030_integration/300_ifs_connect/010_configure_connect/060_transport_connectors/configure_mail_transport_connector/#usage_of_default_mail_sender_and_override_mail_sender_parameters

1. Does any one know feature difference with 'Authorization Code' and 'Client Credentials' options, the difference between security point of view and feature point of view.

2. I think in either option you have to do is register new App in Azure App registration and make sure you granted correct APi permission , does any one know what exactly need to be granted , such as Mail.Send or office 365 exchange online etc..

it would be grate to know experience from sone one already used this feature and get it working.

kr

Amila

8 replies

Badge

I’m with Amila, if anyone has successfully gotten IFS to work with OAuth against Azure/Exchange online it would be greatly appreciated if they’d post how they did it.

Rob

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi all,

Do you have any information about the configuration on azure ad ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We’re facing similar issues with OAuth at the moment. Any tips would be appreciated..

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Would be nice if IFS posted some documentation on this configuration. I asked support, they sent me to consultancy services, consultancy services sent me to my implementation partner. They don’t know. I pay for platinum support. #momentofservice.

Badge +2

Same here, I’m trying to setup this mail with my implementation partner and no success so far...

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We manage to configure azure with this step-by-step instruction. It is for client credential flow.
Hope it will help someone. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Wow, this is great! Thank you so much Krzysztof! 

Badge

Thanks Krzysztof!  That’s just what I was after!