Solved

Not able to connect IFS Dev DB from IFS Developer studio

• 14 September 2022
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

One of our client is using IFS 8 at on prem, we are trying to migrate it to IFS Cloud. To do that, would like to start with some POC, installed IFS Developer studio and connected with Azure VPN Client, when i try to create IFS Project in IFS Developer tools, it is asking to connect with Oracle DB. I provide our IFS Dev credentials (Ordered this environemnt through lifecycle.IFS.com), it says the error as Too long when i try to Test Connection. But I able to connect to IFS Dev server through Oracle SQL Developer. Please help me to connect it through IFS Developer studio.

icon

Best answer by hamalk 14 September 2022, 08:24

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @vsraman85 

I guess you are trying to connect to this DB for the first time from the tool. Please check the followings:

1. Can you make sure the “Global Protect” is disabled when trying to connect to the DB from the DevStudio tool. When global protect is enabled you will not be able to connect to the DB if you are connecting it for the first time. Disable  “Global Protect” and try once again.
  2. I hope you have copied the password correctly fron the Build place. Instead of using “Ctrl+C” use the copy button to copy the password and paste it in the Password feild in the tool 
  3. Also you have mentioned that you were able to connect to IFS DEV DB from SQL Developer, how long did it take to get connected to the DB from SQL developer? Did it take sometime?

4. If the issue continues, can you try connecting to another DB other than IFS DEV?

Thanks

Harshini

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @vsraman85 

Were able to solve the issue ? Did you find the above tips as useful? If so  please mark the above comment as “Answered” and it will be useful for another person who would get a similar issue in future.

Thanks

Harshini 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @hamalk ,

Thanks for your response. Now I am stuck with Azure VPN issue, not able to connect. If I connect, then only I can check this issue.

Thanks

Venkat

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @hamalk ,

Where can i find ‘Global Protect’ option? Please guide me on this. Able to connect VPN successfully but DB is not at all connecting from IFS DEV studio.

Thanks

Venkat

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @vsraman85 

“Global protect ” option you can find it in the task bar as shown below. Just disconnect from it and connect to the DB when you connect it for the first time

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@vsraman85  solved the issue? 

/Harshini

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @hamalk ,

Yes. I am all set.. Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Venkat

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@vsraman85 that’s great, what helped you to solve the issue, pls let us know ? if information which i have provided helped you, then mark it as the answer, so that would help another person for troubleshoot similar issues in future. 

Thanks

Harshini

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi hamalk

I am also facing similar issue, also want to know what should be entered in host & service to make a successful connection. From the build place, we have below connection details for IFS cloud.

BTW, what is this option?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am disconnected from global protect & facing same “Too long” issue, any other prerequisite?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @anushakh 

You may provide the  IFS Dev credentials, from Build place, as you can see in the screenshot attched by the reporter of this post. 

@HDZANUSHAKH  you have not given the service.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I tried this way too now but it did not go thru, anyway I am trying to check if I can connect using SQL developer--may be I don’t have access to db

Badge +1

Hi @hamalk 

i have the same issue, I already disconnected from Globabl Protect.

What is the reason ? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@NxYavuzA  , disconnect from the Global protect when you are trying to get connected for the first time. Then it should work. pls follows the steps given in the answer and give it a try.

IF not working just test the DB and see whether you can login to it using SQL Developer. 

/Harshini