Question

No pdf report returned from crystal web service. The table could not be found. IFS APPS10

• 5 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi all

IFS Apps10 UPD15

We have recently updated our Delivery Note Crystal report and added some additional views to pull in some extra data we require. The report runs ok locally in Crystal Reports running as the IFSAPP user, but fails when run though IFS with error: No pdf report returned from crystal web service

I have turned Crystal logging on which shows error: ‘The table could not be found’. Detailed screenshot below.

From the log it seems to show successfully getting access to a number of views but then hits a problem with CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINE_CFV. The view definitely exists and I don’t think this is a permissions issue as they look the same across other views the log seems to show as being ok, but I don’t know where to go now. Searching the forum hasn’t turned up anything similar

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what the problem is?

Thanks in advance

Chris

2 replies

Badge +1

@JLACSPEAR Did you ever resolve this issue? Ran into something similar only in my example my data source in CR is an IAL. 

I can view report in CR as IFSAPP and IFSPRINT and run the IAL as those users in PL/SQL. 

Badge +3

Hi Kgray

We did resolve it and although the exact details now escape me it was a case of granting the IFSPRINT permission to all the views (including IAL’s) that the report was using- sometimes the Crystal log can be difficult to interpret /misleading so definitely worth checking them all

I think we probably refreshed the various IFS cache’s as well before the changes took affect. I also think we have had to restart IIS on the print server previously after making changes as well, so also worth a try if everything else look as it should

Hope that helps