New tool for saving "Advanced Query Parameters"

• 20 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi all,

When searching with Advanced Query Parameters, the search is not being saved. You will have to type the parameters again and again. I have made a tool that can do that: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-EQYTVzNTK76gbhyQEIpX-goNG0gZyhP/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if any of you are interested?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Hans Andersen I am interested in more information on this.

Thanking you.

John

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@johnw66 ,

Attached zip contain 3 files. Unzip to a folder with write access (e.g. documents).

I presume that you are running a English version of apps 10 (Else see notes below):

• Make a shortcut to the exe file at the Task Bar.
  • Open the ini file
  • For each page where you have an advanced query, make a section. Name it after the first permanent part of the page title.
    insert the # of parameters in property “n”
    Make n number of lines below it. Starting with 1. Ending with n. Like this:

[Customer Order -]
    n=2
    1=
    2=

• Save the ini file
  • Start the query
  • Execute the exe file from the task bar. The parameters will be filled with values from the ini file.
  • When done editing the values - Hit the “Page up” button instead of “Enter”.

Notes:

• If you are running a non-English version. Insert a line in the “Query Window Titles” section with the title of the query window (note that for Danish, I had to shorten the title because of the non-English letter “ø”)

[Query Window Titles]
    en=Advanced Query Parameters
    da=Avancerede foresp

• Insert a section with the translated page title:

[Kundeordre -]
    n=2
    1=
    2=

• If running a pre-10 version of EE, I suspect that it will not work. But replacing the value of “editClass” in the ini file might do the trick. The value can be found like this:
  • Will only work with one advanced query per page.
  • If moving away from the query window when the code is running, the program will exit.
  • If there are windows on top of EE, the code can fail. I notices that it is not working with a screen keyboard.
  • The “Page up” for saving is set with the property “savekey”. It can be replaced with one from this list. Just not “Enter” or “Esc” or….
  • The au3-fil contain the source code.