Question

Monitoring alerts in Apps10

• 8 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi,
I am assisting a customer to set up some monitoring alerts on Ifs application (Apps10).
To do this I found we can use the “Foundation1 Monitoring" Task combined with the MONITOR_ENTRY_WARNING event.
Have someone already set up this for a customer and if yes for which entries (like invalid objects in database or PLSQL Access Provider) ?
Are there other ways to set up alerts from the monitoring console maybe (I am not an expert on this one).
Speaking about monitoring console I am searching for a documentation that describes how to plan the cleaning of the application server logs.
I heard it is possible to set this up but I don’t know how. It is to share the procedure with the partner who maintains the servers.
Thank you
Fabrice

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Fabrice,
Could you please check KBA and attached material and see if they help :) 

Best Regards,
Yasas 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Fabrice ,

MONITOR_ENTRY_WARNING event can be useful for getting notifications about monitoring entries reach warning limits in a schedule.

To set it up, first you need to create a Schedule for Database task “Foundation1 Monitoring”

This triggers the MONITOR_ENTRY_WARNING event for each monitoring entry which reached the warning level.

You can add actions as you need to get notified for the monitoring warnings.

One drawback of this setup is that it depend on IFS functionalities such as background processing, application message processing so if one of these areas are not functioning, then you won’t get notified. Therefore it’s good to use Application Monitoring CLI tool Command Line Interface (CLI) (ifs.com)

It’s a standalone CLI tool where you can monitor monitoring console entries as well as middleware, database performance.

About cleaning of application server logs: I’m not aware of such standard functionality exists but a system engineer could analyze the logs and create a small batch script in application server and run as a windows/linux schedule to cleanup the unwanted logs.

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Many thanks for you awnsers.

Fabrice