Solved

Migration Job for Update/Insert Custom Field

• 7 May 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I have a custom Field in the Sales Price List part window. Now i am trying to update/insert using a Migration Job. Using usual migration job using procedure (Insert/Update from File) gives error (ORA:01003: No Statement parsed.)

But i did go through the Migration data into CF but i was not able to get it done.

What i understand is that First the data from the file must insert into a TABLE and then migrate into the custom field LU using (Migrate Source Data procedure.)

This Excel Migration Guideline document only show EXCEL Migration method but after creating the Mig Job i am not able to execute or start it. I guess it works using Excel Add-ins.

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Sajith D 8 May 2020, 09:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

There is good help on this in the IFS help. 

Foundation1 > Administration Guide > Data Management. > Data Migration in Custom Objects > Custom Fields

Your IFS url and port number  followed by /ifsdoc/f1doc/foundation1/040_administration/260_data_management/050_data_migration/003_data_migration_in_custom_objects/080_custom_fields/

Regards

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Payab

spot on on the EXCEL migration method. When you use that method you would only be able to run the job using Excel migration addin.  Agree on the help documentation with John. Quite good in terms of  the process as well as the examples given. 

Cheers

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Payab

spot on on the EXCEL migration method. When you use that method you would only be able to run the job using Excel migration addin.  Agree on the help documentation with John. Quite good in terms of  the process as well as the examples given. 

Cheers

Thanks Sajith. I see but there is a associated license/sales part to using the IFS Data Migration Excel Add-In. Does this mean that i have to use the alternative which is migrate the file data into a table and then use the table as a source to migrate data to LU with custom fields.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Payab,

Yes. If the additional license required for the Excel add-in is not currently part of the customer installation you would need to fall back to the old favorite Source Migration procedure.

Cheers

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Sajith D ,

Attached find the mig jobs. This is for IFS APP 9.

Thanks & regards

Fahim

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear

Please guide can we also insert data in custom windows by using Simple Migration Tool_App

in App9

Regards