Solved

Migration Job error with custom field - savepoint ‘NEW_JOB’ never established

• 9 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

I am trying to update a custom field with Migration Job but I get this error message:

savepoint ‘NEW_JOB’ never established.

In the past, I already succeeded to update a custom field on a different view, so i know the basic required setup.

However last time it worked easily. It was on view Customer, this time i m updating table PERS (Personal Files)

Any Idea what could have gone wrong ?

main views:

icon

Best answer by Minoshini Fonseka 9 December 2021, 15:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @ludovic.rougean ,

When creating an Excel migration job involved with custom fields, with spaces or hyphen in the migration ‘job id’ it gives the above error when trying to execute the job.

Shall you remove this hyphen and check whether you will be able to run it without issues?

context: In the data migration excel add-in, the migration job ID is used to create dynamic procedures. When spaces or hyphen is included in the migration Job ID, this procedure creation fails. Therefore, we recommend using only characters, numbers and "_" for the Migration Job ID in this scenario. In order to fix the already created migration jobs with spaces, you may right click the migration job and select "Copy Migration Job" and give a new name.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Thanks a lot, sorry for late reply, it worked indeed !!!