Solved

Merge PDF outputs of 2 report layouts

• 5 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Scenario: We do invoicing from Project Invoice and print reports PROJECT_INVOICE_REP and INVOICE_SPEC_REP - i.e. 2 seperate doc layouts.

Question: Is there a way to - within IFS Apps 8/9/10 to merge these 2 outputs into 1 doc and - ideally - then email it using the PDF_REPORT event ?

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 6 February 2020, 02:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

At the moment there is no direct framework support to merge the output of two reports in to one. You will have to send them separately in an email. The framework only support insert of static PDF to before, rest and last pages of a PDF at the time of generation.

Yet, you can write a customization to fetch the two PDF after they are been generated and then use a tool like iText to merge the two and then send it in an email.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

At the moment there is no direct framework support to merge the output of two reports in to one. You will have to send them separately in an email. The framework only support insert of static PDF to before, rest and last pages of a PDF at the time of generation.

Yet, you can write a customization to fetch the two PDF after they are been generated and then use a tool like iText to merge the two and then send it in an email.

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara 

in this thread you point to iText to solve the requested merge of PDF files. 

In this context, please allow me to ask a few questions.  Is this allowed with the IFS Oracle license? Is it possible/permissible to implement and use this also in the IFS Cloud Services? What about updates etc., can this solution (Jar files, license file, Java procedures) be checked into Harvest, or must it be deployed manually? Do you personally have any experience with this solution?

I am looking forward to your answer and thank you in advance.

Greetings Oliver