Question

Matrix lobby elements

• 8 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Does anyone try to create a matrix lobby element?

Mine are not working, despite using valid data sources. Turning on the debugger, reveals that there’s a sorting in all matrix lobby elements that I create: “order by MAX_PARTICIPANT desc”. That is disregarding the data source used.

We’re on IFS10 update 3. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I don’t 100% understand your problem. But there are some “sorting” instructions in element designer as well. Have you checked one of them? 

To understand your problem clearly:

1. What do you mean by your matrix lobby is not working? Does it show you an error or the output is incorrect? 
  2. What is the problem with the order by mentioned? Is that field not available in your data source or you aren’t expecting it to be there? 
  3. Can you add a few screen shots showing your problem? 
Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi 

When using a standard data-source for creating a lobby-element:

I cannot make the preview display any data. Therefore I decided to turn on the debugger to see the executed query. When I do this I find that the element sorts data according to a column which is not part of the datasource or view 

Has anyone experienced something similar or tried to report this to IFS?

BR Kristian

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I have created a matrix element with the same data source “OP-BU Purchase Order Arrival Line” using similar setting as in your case. When the preview button selected, it is prompted for a supplier and then retrieve values correctly without showing any errors like in your case. 

Is your data source altered? If that is the case please check whether there are errors in your altered data source version. Also it would be a good idea to check the same in a non-altered data source. 

If none of this works, I think it is good that you send a support case to IFS so that your issue can be investigated further

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

The data source hasn’t been altered. I’ll create a case  with IFS.