Solved

Many Errors in Print Jobs

Badge +14

Hi All,

We have noticed different errors in Print Jobs (Print Queue) and could see them in log file as well.

Error: The handle is invalid

Error: Settings to access printer '\\hhc04\chair cell' are not valid.

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Error: The system cannot find the file specified

And I noticed some errors given printers to complete the print job successfully for the same user and for the same report.

But sometimes it will remain in ‘Remote Waiting’.

I have checked the ifs-printagent-config.xml file and Physical printers that are mapped with Logical

printers are available.

I really appreciate your valuable opinions to fix this.

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 14 July 2022, 09:45

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Maybe this is going to an “External Report Formatter” which is not properly configured. Check the Report Formatter Template in scheduled server tasks.

The “Settings to access printer '\\hhc04\chair cell' are not valid.” seems that the printers in the Report Formatter template is wrong or you have mapped a logical printer to a physical printer there. The logical printer mapping to physical printer in the report formatter template should be blank and it should only have a if you have socket spooling print agent. This it should be the host:port vlaue.

You should be able to get more details if you enable login from the Report Formatter Template for that Report Formatter and also in the server logs for the main and int servers.

Regards,

Chanaka

Badge +14

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara , Thank you so much for the response.

We will check those and get back to you.

Thank you again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Please ignore the “External Report Formatter” part in my previous comment. I just realized that this is Apps10 and there is no place to specify a ERF in the RF template.

“Maybe this is going to an “External Report Formatter” which is not properly configured. Check the Report Formatter Template in scheduled server tasks.”

However you can check the others given in the comment.

Regards,

Chanaka

Badge +14

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara, this server contains all MWS, Print Server and Crystal web services also installed in this server.

Logical printers are connected with physical printers and we have tested some random printers and they worked without issues.

I found this in CR logs and not sure why its giving errors.

Also we have configured 2 additional Crystal web service instances.

The same printer some times completes its print job without any issues but time to time we can see some records with ‘Remote Waiting’.

And we noticed this high CPU and memory usage.

But still no luck with this.

Are we suppose create more print agents to fix this issue or do we need to move the print server to a separate server?

Kindly let me know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

If there is an error in generating the report then the print job will be in ERROR state. 

In your case the job is in ‘Remote Waiting’ that means the PDF report is crated and is waiting for a PA to pick the print job for printing. From the error message maybe it’s trying to print to the physic printer and is having trouble accessing it or something. Double check the PA settings and the logs of PA. If you have more than 1 PA configured to the same environment double check all. Check the PA logs and Report Formatter logs.

As for the CWS error, it looks like the database connection details in one CWS is incorrect. Check the config, file and verify the database tns name, the IFSPRINT and IFSSYS password details etc.

Also check in the system parameters from the IFS EE client, if the system is pointing to these 2 CWS instances.

Regards,

Chanaka

Badge +14

Thank you so much @ChanakaAmarasekara ,

I’ve noticed this error messages in Print Queue ‘No PDF report returned from Crystal Web Services’.

But we can see some jobs are completing successfully from the same printer and for the same report.

When I search for this error in community I found to fix this, we need to follow below steps.

As we can see some jobs are printing without any issues, still do we need to reinstall the crystal services.

1. Take the initpub backup.
  2. Uninstall the crystal services.
  3. Re install crystal service from new zip in IFS instance folder (install CWS from IFS Home)
  4. Restart the IIS.
  5. Retry generating the PDF report

Badge +14

New Crystal instances were added to the system parameters and we have noticed logs are updating.

Badge +14

@ChanakaAmarasekara I am able to find the IntServer log file today noticed this strange lines.

Could you please have a look.

I’m not sure how to handle this.

TIFFImageWriter not loaded. tiff files will not be processed

Badge +14

In MainServer1.log file I found these errors/details

####<Jul 13, 2022, 10:02:48,668 AM BST> <Error> <IDPServerLogger> <IFSPRDMWS01> <MainServer1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '10' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <00jG^9L7JESFw00Fzzw0w00001s4000Csz> <1657702968668> <[severity-value: 8] [rid: 0:1] [partition-id: 0] [partition-name: DOMAIN] > <BEA-000000> <Error while retrieving token from database using refresh token ORA-20111: IfsIdpToken.NOTEXIST2: The Ifs Idp Token object does not exist.
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 140
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 389
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.IFS_IDP_TOKEN_API", line 156
ORA-06512: at line 1

####<Jul 13, 2022, 10:59:35,777 AM BST> <Warning> <IDAServerLogger> <IFSPRDMWS01> <MainServer1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '7' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <00jG^CWCKrsFw00Fzzw0w00001s4000JaB> <1657706375777> <[severity-value: 16] [rid: 0:1] [partition-id: 0] [partition-name: DOMAIN] > <BEA-000000> <STATE: xkaJeRiY1S3xyfm9hKx1hsmuOa3Ke1Ll IP ADDRESS: 10.0.0.137  Details: The token is not valid before 2022.07.13, 09:21:43 and expires after 2022.07.13, 10:21:43. System time during validation was 2022.07.13, 10:59:35..> 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@ChanakaAmarasekara I am able to find the IntServer log file today noticed this strange lines.

Could you please have a look.

I’m not sure how to handle this.

TIFFImageWriter not loaded. tiff files will not be processed

This is warning not an error

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

In MainServer1.log file I found these errors/details

####<Jul 13, 2022, 10:02:48,668 AM BST> <Error> <IDPServerLogger> <IFSPRDMWS01> <MainServer1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '10' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <> <00jG^9L7JESFw00Fzzw0w00001s4000Csz> <1657702968668> <[severity-value: 8] [rid: 0:1] [partition-id: 0] [partition-name: DOMAIN] > <BEA-000000> <Error while retrieving token from database using refresh token ORA-20111: IfsIdpToken.NOTEXIST2: The Ifs Idp Token object does not exist.
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 140
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 389
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.IFS_IDP_TOKEN_API", line 156
ORA-06512: at line 1

####<Jul 13, 2022, 10:59:35,777 AM BST> <Warning> <IDAServerLogger> <IFSPRDMWS01> <MainServer1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '7' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <00jG^CWCKrsFw00Fzzw0w00001s4000JaB> <1657706375777> <[severity-value: 16] [rid: 0:1] [partition-id: 0] [partition-name: DOMAIN] > <BEA-000000> <STATE: xkaJeRiY1S3xyfm9hKx1hsmuOa3Ke1Ll IP ADDRESS: 10.0.0.137  Details: The token is not valid before 2022.07.13, 09:21:43 and expires after 2022.07.13, 10:21:43. System time during validation was 2022.07.13, 10:59:35..> 

This seems to be some other error with authentication.

I think someone needs to do a full investigation in to the environments and the PA. Suggest that you contact GSO and get support from them. 

Badge +14

Thank you @ChanakaAmarasekara for your valuable input. We have created a IFS case to get help with this matter. Thanks again.

Badge +14

Apologies for taking too long to mark an answer for this query.

We asked to log a ticked to GSO for a full investigation.

I really appreciate your opinion and explanations on my queries.