Solved

ManagedServer is not Coming Up. IFSSYS Password Error

• 29 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The password of the IFSSYS account has only been changed from the database. After a while ifssys account got locked out.

We stopped the servers and changed the ifssys password using "Installer > Change system user passwords". "ManagedServer1" failed to start when we restarted the servers. The "ManagedServer1.log" file is attached below.

We experiencing this same error. But, There is no such screen in Admin Console..

icon

Best answer by Sajith D 30 July 2021, 01:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @baris.halici 

Quick workaround:

->Change IFSSYS user password to the previous one from the database and get the complete MWS to working condition again (probably after a restart)

->Login to MWS admin console and change the password from here

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I wasn’t able to find anything related to that options mentioned  bu Ruchira in IFS V9 Middleware Server Admin Console.

@Ruchira , can you tell us if there is such option in IFS V9? If there is not, how can @baris.halici solve this problem in his environment?

Regards,

Elaine Berenguer

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hello @baris.halici ,

you don’t have the same option in Apps 9 admin console as you do in Apps 10. You can do this in two ways. You are on the right path with using the installer to do this but you need to make sure that you stop all the managed servers before you start the installer so that the current pooled connections don’t attempt to connect with the old password and lock out the account before the full configuration process is completed.

Option 1

1. shut down all the application server instances in stop_all_servers.cmd in <ifs_hom>\instance\<instance_name>\bin
  2. run the installer and use the change password option and make sure that “Change oracle user password” is checked.
  3. Execute the action to finish

option 2

1. shut down all the application server instances in stop_all_servers.cmd in <ifs_hom>\instance\<instance_name>\bin
  2. Change the password for ifssys from the database
  3. run the installer and use the change password option and make sure that “Change oracle user password” is checked.
  4. Execute the action to finish

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thanks for your all replies. 

@Ruchintha Samararatne

But this is not as in the "MWS Admin Console" screenshot.  I think there is a version difference.

@AVNELBEBR

I agree with you.

@Sajith D

At first I tried option 2 after changing password from database with Alter command and stopping all servers. And I got the error "ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied" in MWS.

Now, I tried option 1 without changing the password from the database and stopping the servers. Successfully completed.

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

So what is Deployment > docvue? And why is it in ADMIN status? How can I do it ACTIVE?