Solved

Make changes in IFS customization layer

Badge +2

I’ve seen that IFS has a customization layer that can be used to add code to modify how some IFS processes work, can anyone give me advice on how to learn how to do this?  Is there some training available from someone at IFS or documentation on the process?  

A generic example of what I’m looking to do is if IFS has a menu option A, I’d like to run code to check some condition B, if condition B isn’t satisfied then show an error message and prevent the IFS code from running.  

We have experience with both PL/SQL and Java so I believe this could be very useful to us, we just aren’t sure where to go to learn how to start using it.

icon

Best answer by ANCH 10 May 2022, 10:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Depends a bit on which version you are in:

Cloud Aurena - start here

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/040_tailoring/225_configuration/

Version 10 IEE - start here

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/010_overview/220_user_interface/about_custom_objects/default.htm

Badge +2

Thanks for the reply, we’re currently on version 10 with plans in the near future to start transitioning over to Aurena.  We do utilize the custom objects in IEE right now, I was under the impression we could go a step farther using IFS developer studio and add our own code into the business logic, is that something we can do or am I mistaken with that?   

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks for the reply, we’re currently on version 10 with plans in the near future to start transitioning over to Aurena.  We do utilize the custom objects in IEE right now, I was under the impression we could go a step farther using IFS developer studio and add our own code into the business logic, is that something we can do or am I mistaken with that?   

Hi, the code for your IFS installation for Apps10 is stored in a source code repository at IFS, you are not able to make any changes to this yourself directly in your system. It may breach your support agreement and additionally if you did any changes to the PLSQL logic for example then it may get over-written the next time IFS delivers code to you (if the code changes the same APIs). I would recommend you speak to your local IFS representatives to get the best options on what you can do to achieve what you want to do with your system so that you do not cause yourself any needless difficulties. 

As a side note - if you were in the latest IFS Cloud version of IFS then you would have the ability to change code yourself in the IFS Customer Buildplace and UsePlace. The code is then  no longer owned by IFS but instead owned by yourself as the customer and it opens up the possibility for you to make any changes you may desire directly.

Kind Regards,

Andreas