Question

Mail address 'To' field is not specified

• 11 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

Can I know exactly from where the TO email account is picked? Is is from create user window or person window?

Regards,

Malin

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

It would be simple to test to find out, but I think it can might depend on the Event/Scheduled Task configuration.  Often the From is taken from the User details screen.  I would start there and test to confirm but I’m not sure if that is the same with the To for that specific message type.

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

I think this is created through an event action “email” which someone configured.. Check the actions for PDF_REPORT_CREATED event. One of the action for that event is sending this mail. Check the TO field and which event parameter that it’s set to. e.g. &PDF_PARAMETER_1.

These event parameters are set from the application code when the print job is create and the set values are referred in the event as &PDF_PARAMETER_x (where is x is 1 - 10). Have a look at example found at Purchase_Order_API.Email__.

For more information refer,

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/250_operational_reporting/110_email_reports/default.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

I think this is created through an event action “email” which someone configured.. Check the actions for PDF_REPORT_CREATED event. One of the action for that event is sending this mail. Check the TO field and which event parameter that it’s set to. e.g. &PDF_PARAMETER_1.

These event parameters are set from the application code when the print job is create and the set values are referred in the event as &PDF_PARAMETER_x (where is x is 1 - 10). Have a look at example found at Purchase_Order_API.Email__.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Chanaka

Hi @ChanakaAmarasekara,

Thanks for your reply. Below is my Event Action. What I need to know is from where the value is picked for &SUP_EMAIL_ID. From which window field or view. 

Regards,

Malin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

I’m not sure about that. From the looks of the action description and the perform event it looks like it’s triggered when an absent request is confirmed. Maybe you can search for “Assent” or “Absent Request” from the navigator. 

Also it looks like a customization as the event starts with the C_. Maybe if you search the code for “SUP_EMAIL_ID” you might be able track the code.

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

I’m not sure about that. From the looks of the action description and the perform event it looks like it’s triggered when an absent request is confirmed. Maybe you can search for “Assent” or “Absent Request” from the navigator. 

Also it looks like a customization as the event starts with the C_. Maybe if you search the code for “SUP_EMAIL_ID” you might be able track the code.

Regards,

Chanaka

Thanks Chanaka,

Regards,

Malin.