Skip to main content

Looking at the documentation for LOV Searching is shows that the functionality should use contains, however when creating a customer order as example. When I try entering a customer the logic used is startswith. Am I misunderstanding the logic here?

Has anyone been able to change this logic?

Thanks,

Jamie

@COVJAMIEB any kind of OData filter syntax can be used to filter LoV’s, including both contains and startswith so you can use whichever makes your filtering easier. Is that what you meant?

See https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/24r1/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/310_conditional_fields/100_conditional_lov/#filter_lovs_conditionally for more about this.

Best regards,

Rukmal

Hi @Rukmal Fernando thanks for this. I don't think this covers my issue though.

The example I gave was the entry of a customer when creating a customer order. The field allows you to start typing a value, however it looks to only find the values that startswith the value I am entering. To execute a wildcard search the user needs to first enter the %.

I am looking for an option to change the functionality of this field so it executes contains.

I did look at the documentation relating to LOV’s and it says the default is contain?

@COVJAMIEB I think I understand now, but I’m afraid I don’t know the answer here. @domze can you help please? Thanks!

Best regards,

Rukmal

hi @COVJAMIEB 

yes we execute a starts with search in the LOV .

As you mentioned if you do a  % then you can find the entries similer to a contains search. (still the search is starts with) 

You can do a equal search by typing a = infront of the serch condition. 

But you can not do a contains search directly.

we will correct the documentation 

-Sampath