Question

Lobby with IAL datasource not work in Aurena

• 9 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hi Community,

I created a lobby element which uses an IAL as datasource.

When viewing the lobby from IEE, it shows the results but in Aurena it does not work.

By checking other articles, I checked following already.

• Lobby element type = Aurena
  • Lobby element and datasource Permissions granted to user
  • datasource view prefix with &IAL

What could be the reason for this error?

this is what I see in the Aurena Lobby

We are in update 8

Regards,

Krish

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @gpkrish,

Is this only occurring for IAL views?

It would be helpful If you can provide the query you used to create the Lobby Data source.

You can check whether you have used any alias in your data source query which is same as a column name in IAL view. If you have any, please change the alias and test again. 

Thank you.

Badge +3

Hi @PiumiRubasinghe 

Yes, it seems it only occurs for IAL views. I have several other lobby elements works with IFS views and they work fine.

Here’s my SQL for IAL. It returns the incomplete time sheets for users and which weeks.

with week_selector as
(
select company_id,
&AO..calendar_api.get_first_week_day(account_date, &AO..WORK_TIME_CALENDAR_OPT_api.get_week_start_day(company_id)) first_week_day,
&AO..calendar_api.get_last_week_day(account_date, &AO..WORK_TIME_CALENDAR_OPT_api.get_week_start_day(company_id)) last_week_day,
lvl
from &AO..PERSON_COMPANY, (select level lvl, trunc(sysdate)-level*7 account_date from dual connect by level <= 10) days),
employee_time as
(
SELECT cp.company_id company_id,
cp.emp_no emp_no,
cp.employee_name employee_name,
cp.person_id person_id,
days.account_date account_date,
&AO..Work_Sched_Assign_API.Get_Wage_Class(cp.company_id, cp.emp_no,days.account_date) wage_class,
&AO..Work_Sched_Assign_API.Get_Day_Sched_Code(cp.company_id, cp.emp_no,days.account_date) day_sched_code,
&AO..Work_Sched_Assign_API.Get_Day_Type(cp.company_id, cp.emp_no,days.account_date) day_type,
&AO..Work_Sched_Assign_API.Get_Sched_Hours(cp.company_id, cp.emp_no,days.account_date) sched_hours,
&AO..Time_Pers_Diary_Result_API.Get_Presence_Hours(cp.company_id, cp.emp_no, days.account_date, days.account_date) presence_hours,
&AO..Time_Pers_Diary_API.Is_Authorized(cp.company_id,cp.emp_no,days.account_date) is_authorized,
&AO..Time_Pers_Diary_API.Is_Confirmed(cp.company_id,cp.emp_no,days.account_date) is_confirmed,
&AO..Time_Pers_Diary_Util_API.Get_Day_Status(cp.company_id, cp.emp_no, days.account_date) day_status,
&AO..Time_Pers_Diary_Util_API.Get_Day_Result_Info(cp.company_id, cp.emp_no, days.account_date) day_result_info
FROM &AO..company_person cp,
(select trunc(sysdate)-level account_date from dual connect by level <= 77) days --adjust according to no of weeks
WHERE &AO..Emp_Employed_Time_API.Is_Employed(cp.company_id,cp.emp_no,days.account_date) = '1'
)
--week 1
select t.company_id, t.person_id, t.emp_no, t.employee_name, w.first_week_day, w.last_week_day from employee_time t, (select * from week_selector where lvl = 1) w
where t.company_id = w.company_id
and t.account_date between w.first_week_day and w.last_week_day
and t.is_confirmed = 0
group by t.company_id, t.person_id, t.emp_no, t.employee_name, w.first_week_day, w.last_week_day
--week 2
union
select t.company_id, t.person_id, t.emp_no, t.employee_name, w.first_week_day, w.last_week_day from employee_time t, (select * from week_selector where lvl = 2) w
and t.is_confirmed = 0
group by t.company_id, t.person_id, t.emp_no, t.employee_name, w.first_week_day, w.last_week_day
--week 3
union
select t.company_id, t.person_id, t.emp_no, t.employee_name, w.first_week_day, w.last_week_day from employee_time t, (select * from week_selector where lvl = 3) w
and t.is_confirmed = 0
--week 4
union
select t.company_id, t.person_id, t.emp_no, t.employee_name, w.first_week_day, w.last_week_day from employee_time t, (select * from week_selector where lvl = 4) w
and t.is_confirmed = 0

Datasource

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @gpkrish ,

I do not think there is an issue with IAl related to not showing the lobby in aurena.

Could you please go through first few guidelines in below link and see if you have configured them properly.

Lobby Navigation Guildeline (ifs.com)

If its still not working kindly check for permissions grants.

Regards,

Badge +3

Hi @gpkrish ,

I do not think there is an issue with IAl related to not showing the lobby in aurena.

Could you please go through first few guidelines in below link and see if you have configured them properly.

Lobby Navigation Guildeline (ifs.com)

If its still not working kindly check for permissions grants.

Regards,

Hi @EntNadeeL 

Thanks a lot for the reply. Seems the configurations are correct and user has grants to the lobby element, datasource and IAL.

I found out below error in the log console which relates to the lobby element. It’s not a permission issue it seems.

Kind Regards,

Krish

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @gpkrish

I couldn’t find any known limitations in Aurena Lobbies with IAL views. Seems this needs a proper investigation.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@gpkrish  - Can you log a case for this issue and reference this community post? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @gpkrish ,

We are currently using IFS Application 10 Update 8 and we have seen the same issue as you.  We have a lobby using an IAL data source which works in IEE but with Aurena it doesn’t display anything.  Researching we see the error in the log file is exactly the same as the yours.   We’re going to open a case with IFS as well.  

@KristenGastaldo  is there a way we can link the cases together so IFS sees there is more than one customer experiencing the same issue?

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @william.klotz  - I’ll let the support team know. I’m not sure how they handle linking cases, but I would think that the same issues (and certainly bugs) are linked. 

Badge +3

Hi @gpkrish ,

We are currently using IFS Application 10 Update 8 and we have seen the same issue as you.  We have a lobby using an IAL data source which works in IEE but with Aurena it doesn’t display anything.  Researching we see the error in the log file is exactly the same as the yours.   We’re going to open a case with IFS as well.  

@KristenGastaldo  is there a way we can link the cases together so IFS sees there is more than one customer experiencing the same issue?

Regards,

William Klotz

Thanks William @william.klotz ,

Can you please share the IFS support ticket Id? We can refer it when reporting to IFS.

Kind Regards,

Krish