Solved

Lobby "not found" after changing Permission Set

• 27 December 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 31 replies

I recently configured a new permission set, and applied it to a user, but the Lobby shows a “data not found” message:

In the Permission Set > Presentation Objects by Component, under IFS Base Functionality > Lobby - ACCOUNTS PAYABLE #TODAY# is selected. However, in Presentation Objects by Navigator Lobby Overview is revoked. I can't figure out the data element I need to grant to get the lobby in view. 

I did remove the user’s personal profile, and base profile just to see if that had any impact, and it did not. 

Anyone have any ideas as to what Permission Set detail affects the lobby view?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by dsj 2 January 2020, 19:39

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

First check whether this user has EE_LOBBY_VIEW presentation object granted. You can search this in the presentation objects by component tab. 

Once this is granted, find the corresponding presentation object for your lobby page and make sure it is also granted.

You can click on the above link and go to presentation objects screen. then grant it to your permission set.

Refresh security cache and check whether the issue is resolvedigure widget

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Rusiru, 

Thank you for this! I think I am getting closer...I found the presentation object EE_LOBBY_VIEW per your instructions above, and it was not granted - so I selected it and added it to this Permission Set. Then, I went to the Lobby Presentation Object, and the Permission Set was already granted to it - but I ‘regranted’, then refreshed the security cache. I logged back in as the user, and got the same “no data found” message upon login, and when I clicked the “Lobby Overview” shortcut, I got the below insufficient privilege message: 

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Ideally when you grant EE_LOBBY_VIEW for a permission set and then granted that permission set to a user, it should work. 

Try granting lobby overview item from the presentation objects by navigator tab? It should be in the bottom in list.

Let us know if that still doesn't work. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello, 

I show the Lobby Overview is already granted - but I regranted it, and refreshed the Security Cache and Refreshed Presentation Objects.

Then, when I logged in as the user again - still get “Data not found”

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Sorry Joy, I have no idea why this is not working for your user. Having no other suggestions, its better if you can send support case so that we can do more investigations and figure out the problem.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks Rusiru, I’ll ask support for help and provide their feedback. 

Thanks,

Joy

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I recently configured a new permission set, and applied it to a user, but the Lobby shows a “data not found” message:

In the Permission Set > Presentation Objects by Component, under IFS Base Functionality > Lobby - ACCOUNTS PAYABLE #TODAY# is selected. However, in Presentation Objects by Navigator Lobby Overview is revoked. I can't figure out the data element I need to grant to get the lobby in view. 

I did remove the user’s personal profile, and base profile just to see if that had any impact, and it did not. 

Anyone have any ideas as to what Permission Set detail affects the lobby view?

Thanks!

Hi @Joy,

I also had this problem and below is some brief to solve it.

Lobby page id b712d6d1-fe57-4d51-a7e0-8c3a6b1f4ce7 which is in the screenshot is IFS standard Welcome lobby page.

I think users are directed to the Welcome lobby instead of the lobby you configured. If you need users to see your lobby at start, then you need to set the address of the lobby in Options → Home Page Address settings.

Address: ifswin:Ifs.Fnd.CompositePageRenderer.PageContainer?page_id=<LOBBY_PAGE_ID>

Given below is some background of the issue with Welcome Lobby and how to resolve it.

When your users have the default home page setup, they will get Welcome Lobby at start; BUT... the problem is that lobby not granted to any IFS standard permission sets by default. So, in a fresh permission set structure, users will see this error at login!

Solution:

Go to your permission set details and in the Presentation Objects by Component tab, search for the lobby id with % prefix (%b712d6d1-fe57-4d51-a7e0-8c3a6b1f4ce7) and grant!

Hopefully this would solve your issue.

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@dsj - THANK YOU! This solved the problem!! The Permission Set & User now has the Welcome Lobby!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Try granting role IFSAPP_ALL and refresh security cache. It might help