Solved

Lobby - Data Source = Info Source - Can't pass condition

• 15 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello experts,

Please see screenshots below. We are able to use conditions in a Data Source type SQL. (first screenshot). We are on IFS10 UPD13.

Could you please confirm that this is not possible in a Data Source type Info Source (second screenshot) ?

I wanted to insert a new Lobby Element using the Info Source BUT I cannot pass the parameters in the Lobby page (Project ID and Sub-Project ID) because I cannot setup a condition in the new info source.

I hope this makes sense.

Many thanks

Miguel

icon

Best answer by Miguel 16 June 2022, 11:08

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Miguel 

conditions are also possible in a information source.

You have to put the columns by drag and drop in the field “Filters”.

SQL statements are not possible there.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Link 

Many thanks, that makes sense.

Could you please let me know if you see anything wrong with my syntax for the condition/filter below?

UPPER('$PROJECT_ID$')

UPPER('$SUB_PROJECT_ID$')

At the moment this syntax is not working for me in the lobby where these parameters are passed to the lobby element linked to this info source

Miguel

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Miguel 

i think this approach won’t work. Because the column “Value” expect a value from data base.

Did you test it? Click on the button “Preview” on the same screen to test it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Link 

Thank you, yes I tested and it does not return any values.

I would be surprise if there is no way to pass parameters from the Lobby header to a Lobby Element that uses a Data Source type Info Source. Surely this is possible somehow.

I think your suggestion is a good one, and I think the syntax is just not right. I don’t get an error message so I don’t think we are barking to the wrong tree ;-)

Miguel

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Miguel 

to be hones I wouldn’t be suprised if there isn’t way to pass it. :-)

You don’t get an error message? Even if you type a value for the parameter?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Link 

if I type values for the parameter, keeping the filters, I just get an empty table, please see screenshot.

So no error message

Miguel

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Link , I have solved this, as I was guessing it was the syntax at the filter level. The syntax below has worked like a gem ;-)

$PROJECT_ID$

$SUB_PROJECT_ID$

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

And what happen if you type the values directly in the column “Value”?

Does it show something?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Link hardcoding values in the column value is standard functionality and yes that works, but been able to pass a parameter is more interesting. As I said changing the syntaxes of the parameterised value has worked for me. Many thanks for your initial input.