Question

Issue creating a new custom field

• 22 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi everyone , i was trying to add a new custom field , for   Business Opp  LU and shows me this error :

This errors only happens in BO. someone knows how can i fix that ?

Thanks for the Help

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @HumbertoFloresD,

Are you encountering the error when trying to save the newly created custom field CF_TEST?

Please share the implementation of the CF_TEST custom field. Further what is the App version?

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi  @Bhagya Wickramasinghe  the error happens when i try to publish the CF,  the field its a persistent field,  type text, and approve  for can publish.

now i have the same issue but with all CF,  please Help. 

Thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Ok, I assume that other CF’s on other pages are working fine - it’s just Business Opportunity?

In my experience, IFS creates and maintains an API for each LU - in the case of this, the API in oracle is called BUSINESS_OPPORTUNITY_CFP (you can see the source of this if you really want to with SQL Developer / PLSQL Developer).  Inside this API, each one of your CF’s is a function. 

The error seems to say that the API can’t compile because there’s an error with one of the CFs.  It could be something like…

• There are two CFs with the same name
  • A definition for a CF is incorrect (perhaps it’s missing an end function) causing a compilation error. 

Not sure how much that helps, but perhaps it can point you in the right direction.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Hypervox  thanks for the Feed Back,  i also clenup, and still fails,  i try to review the  Package CFP and in the database i cant found i think this happens because,  the LU not Compile Good.

when i execute the cleanup now i cant synchronize any  CF.

Thanks for the Help.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Is this because they are not published?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Hypervox  yes but i cant publish because the LU not Recognize any Custom Field, for all CF displays me this error :

thanks for the Help! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Apart from checking the definition of each CF I’m not sure what else you can do.  maybe it’s worth rasing a support ticket?

Badge +3

Hi @HumbertoFloresD 

Were you able to get this issue solved?