Hi everyone i have this error when try to attach a document in Aurena and IEE

and when i try to attach in IEE

Someone know how can i fix that ?

Thanks for the Help.

Regards.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

It seems that you defined a non database repository for that document class in EDM Basics. And this repository is not accessible or does not exist. Either correct your settings in EDM Basics or grant access to that location.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I am having a similar issue with my DEV system. We have “shared” file repositories defined for all environments (PROD, TEST, DEV) and it used to work for all. At some point, this was broken in DEV, but still works in PROD and TEST. I have verified access by copying the “path” directly from the repository definition (Document Management, Basic Data, EDM Basic, Repository), pasting that directly into File Explorer (Windows) and I have full access to the shared folder (read, write, delete etc.), but IFS still throws the “Access Denied” error. I wonder if anyone out there knows how this connection is made from the middleware server to the shared folder containing the EDM files? (i.e. protocol, security identity etc.). I even went so far as to point my DEV repository to the TEST repository and DEV IFS still throws “Access Denied”.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @woprhowe,

You need to grant access to the Middleware server running your DEV environment.   The system administrator needs to add the computer to the file permissions.   Now the middleware server will have access to the shared folder and you can then narrow down access to users using person groups within document management.

Regards,

William Klotz 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Yes, I did add the middleware AD object (Computer) to both my share permissions (Full Control) as well as the folder security tab (Modify) as this was what we had done to make it work in the other environments, but it still does not allow me to add documents. I even created a new share with these permissions, added a new document class and associated it with a repository that points to my new share and when a try to add a document via “Create Documents” in IEE, I receive the error “Bad Request”. I followed these same exact steps in my TEST instance, and it succeeds. This one is very perplexing!

Badge +2

Any luck with this? I’m having the same exact issue in IFS10. Dev not work, but TST and PROD are. I’ve troubleshooted the same as HumbertoFloresD with the execption of deleting and recreating the directories.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I too deleted my share from the server and recreated it to no avail. As a result, I have decided to start from scratch and build a new server to see where that gets me. I will keep you posted.

Badge +2

Hey All, 

I fixed it for my system. It turns out in my case that the DEV environment had the IFS Node Manager running under the SYSTEM account and not the designated account we had created for the IFS Node Manager, so the permissions we had configured were not taking place as expected. Once I changed the IFS Node Manager to execute under the designated domain account with sufficient permissions, it all worked as expected. Good luck!

-Luis