Question

Is there another way to report shop order labor time other than Shop Floor Workbench?

• 1 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Is there another way to report shop order labor time other than Shop Floor Workbench? Is the ability to report employee labor to a shop order operation only done through SFWB? Is there other options. We are using Apps10 UPD#11 IEE and Aurena.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @arebbeadle ,

In your testing environment take a look at Shop Floor Clocking's.  If you RMB in shop floor clocking you have the option to add labor clocking as well as other clocking.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Reporting of time and operation quantities can also be reported using Time Clock. I.e., the same client available for reporting of attendance In and Out clockings.

For labor time reporting you can also use the Time Registration client. I.e., the client where you can also report attendance, project and work order time.

What are the requirements? Why is Shop Floor Workbench not suitable? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Björn Hultgren , we are trying streamline the process on our shop floor reporting. We want to lookup record by Barcode_Id the Start Production time cmd and then Approve. We might want to use Aurena custom projection. The Shop Floor WorkBench screen seems very busy.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

As a start I would suggest that you use Shop Floor Workbench in Aurena and set the Filter By = Barcode. Then you can use the page designer to hide all the fields, columns and commands not to be used by your shop floor personnel. With all the information and actions available it becomes rather busy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@arebbeadle An example of how workbench can be configured to filter by Barcode and only have the commands to Start Production and Approve.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Björn Hultgren , Thank you I am trying your suggestion but I am trouble. Is there a way to default the filter to Barcode and I can’t find how to hide the command menu. Can you direct me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes you can control the default Filter By option.

If you have the site configured with Reporting Mode = Anonymous, you set this up on the page Shop Floor Reporting User Settings per Site.

If you have the site configured with Reporting Mode = Employee you set this up on page Shop Floor Employees or Shop Floor Teams depending on whether you identify as a team or employee in workbench.

The command menu can be edited from the page designer. If use disable all commands except Start Production and Approve you should hopefully fit both directly on the card so the overflow menu (three dots) does not appear, but this depends on your screen resolution. Collapse the navigator and record selector to maximize the space!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Björn Hultgren ,

I am trying to disable the unused commands, how do I disable? Is there a properity checkbox?

Thank you,

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think it’s just to click the Trashcan icon