Solved

Is it possible to passing variables to the Email Address, Email Subject and the Email body - Create New Application Server Task?

• 15 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS Community,

I was trying to send an email with a quick report using “Application Server Task”. I was able to fulfill that part. Thanks to the community.

I want to go a little bit forward now.

I wondered where could I  build a logic to send the email, something like if there are data on the quick report send the email. However,  if there are no data in the quick report do not send the email .? 

Is it possible to passing variable to the email body to make it more dynamic for example passing dates?

Is this possible using Application Server Task? We are using IFS9

Thanks,
JL

icon

Best answer by umakanta 27 January 2022, 12:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA

I wondered where could I  build a logic to send the email, something like if there are data on the quick report send the email. However,  if there are no data in the quick report do not send the email .? 

This is not possible with an Application Server Task as it would require some mechanism to check whether the quick report query returned a data set or not. 

Is it possible to passing variable to the email body to make it more dynamic for example passing dates?

I tried using context substitution variables in the email body and they don’t seem to work. So it looks like this is not possible either. 

Let’s see if other community members have figured out any clever solutions to get around these limitations. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

The Schedule Quick Report will send the exact QR that you preview. So if you preview and if you see no data, then it will send that blank Excel sheet when Schedule and email. 

From the standard way the  Schedule Quick Report is designed to work, there is no way to stop the email from been sent if there is no data is or you can dynamically change the subject or body.

Hope this answered your question.

Badge +2

Hi I am also currently looking for the same solution, I hope you can do a custom schedule and it will trigger up on your quick report data availability. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @umakanta 

According to the IFS community is not possible so far,

We can bring the request as an IDEA. Maybe, it can be done later.

Thanks,

JL