Solved

Invalid Objects

• 19 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Good day to you.

I always check for Invalid Objects especially prior to any delivery installation and again afterwards.  The most populate items are usually require compiling are AQ$ files see below:

How can I find out what has caused these views/queues to be invalid again?

Thanking you.

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 19 April 2021, 17:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

you can check that from the client side via PL/SQL or SQL Developer. go to tools > Compile Invalid Objects.. in order to see what's causing you have to manually go to edit mode on respective package/view to see further.

hope this serves your requirement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@EntShehaM 

Thank you so much for your reply, I had already tried SQL Developer selecting Invalid view(s) and then RMB Open, the Errors tab displayed no problem.

RMB > Open  then clicking the Errors tab displays no issues:

RMB > Compile and the view compiles without any issues.

This doesn’t explain why this is happening though.

Thanks

John

Any other ideas?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

this is strange, please try refreshing dictionary and security cache after compiling invalid object. then refresh the page and see if these views still exist.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi John,

If you want tosee what has caused these packages to be invalid you can get the invalid objects window through PLSQL developer as stated above, RMB on the package, and click Edit Package and Body. There once you recompile the package you can see all the erroneous code that is causing this package to be invalid. 

Regards,

Nadeesh

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @johnw66,

This occurs due to Search Domain synchronization background jobs. Every time a background job related to Search Domain is run, these objects will get invalidated due to a bug. 

This is fixed in IFSAPP10 UPD10. If you cannot take the latest UPD, you may request single patch ID 156423.

Hope this answers your question. 

Thanks!