Question

internet explorer can't be found. you need to re-install or re-enable internet explorer

• 16 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Recently we have uninstall Internet Explorer 11 from our client machines and started using Microsoft Edge as the default browser. then we are getting this error when try to open IFS EE using the Edge browser.

as a workaround we are currently using Google Chrome with IFS Add-on.

but It would be really helpful if anyone share a solution or any workaround to use the new Edge Browser? is there any add-on for Microsoft Edge as well?

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Naad,

Since the new Edge browser is based on Chromium, you can actually install Chrome extensions on Edge as well. Please follow these steps. 

1. From MS Edge browser, go to Application Access Point → Add-ons and click on the “Chrome extension” link. 
  2. This will bring you to the extension page and you would see a prompt at the top which would ask you to allow extensions from other stores. This allows you to install Chrome extensions on Edge. 
  3. Once you allow this, you can add IFS EE Link Handler extension to Edge browser by clicking the Add to Chrome button. 
  4. You will get another prompt asking whether you want to enable the extension on Edge, and you can say yes. 

Once the extension is installed on Edge, see whether you still get the issue. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

Thank you @Charith Epitawatta for the Quick reply.

with your steps, I managed to successfully install the Chrome add-on to Edge Browder.

You can see in the bellow screenshot that, add-on is installed and it is in Active state. also, the RED Text “Install IFS Clickonce Chrome Extension!” is also got disappeared. So, we can expect that add-on is installed correctly.

But the problem still remain same. Is there any additional step I should do?

My Edge version:

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Naad ,

You may need to make sure Edge is your default browser and any file extensions associated with Internet Explorer are now associated with Microsoft Edge.  

Regards,

William Klotz

Badge +2

Thank you @william.klotz for the suggestion.

These are my current settings. is there anything I should change?

Best Regards,

/NAAD

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Naad,

Check what’s the setting for ClickOnce Support flag in edge?

You can do that by typing following uri in the edge browser

edge://flags/#edge-click-once

As it stated, it could be overridden by the organization policy.

Hope it helps!
Damith

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @dsj ,

Thank you for the information on how to check the ClickOnce support in Edge I wasn’t aware this existed but this will be helpful to us.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Naad,

Have you tried with below highlighted settings in MS Edge?

Compatibility Issues in MS Edge

Cheers!

Kind Regards,
Jeewaka.