Solved

Installing Delivery Issue

• 18 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello I am Uğur,

As a developer of an IFS Partner, i have an issue while i am installing a delivery.

Issue is occuring while i install delivery. This progress bar is waiting on %42 and no more progressing…
On %42, it is trying to copy “client.war” to  IFSHOME\instance\PROD\ear\main directory…
it's just waiting hours and does not do anything more.

I guess this is about the server’s authorization. But i could not find the problem and so the solution.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 18 February 2022, 19:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @ugursinans,

You can try these things.

1. Check whether the “client.war” file can be found in “\\<IFSHOME>\repository\server\apps\main” directory and it is not corrupted. 
  2. If there is already a client.war file in “\\<IFSHOME>\instance\PROD\ear\main” directory, remove it and do the installation again. 
  3. Check whether the user you are running the installer as has write privileges to “\\<IFSHOME>\instance\PROD\ear\main” directory.
    You can try to manually copy the client.war file from the directory I mentioned in 1st step and paste it to “\\<IFSHOME>\instance\PROD\ear\main” directory to verify that that directory is writable.
  4. Run the installer as administrator if you are not already doing that. 
  5. Restart the application server host to resolve any file locking issues.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank you very much for your answer.

But I have already tried these all.

Whatever the problem is I could not solve it.

That it might be one copy process was running, I tried to end process all of cmd.exe. But this could not solve the problem too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @ugursinans ,

What are the contents of the delivery? Does it have any server changes?
Try stopping the servers right before clicking on “Execute” button of the installer, and then executing the installation.
If that doesn’t work perhaps you can reconfigure the environment (without doing any changes) and then retry the installation as well.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank you very much for your answer Dinushi.

We installed many delivery to this app server but now it can’t complete the installation. It’s not being completed when i tried to install previous deliveries too. I see "client.war" was updated, copied. But installer's progress bar still waiting to "client.war" to copy.

Additional information: 
While I were installing delivery, I clicked “Abort”. After this i looked for app server’s timezone. I found the region was Namibia. So I changed this Namibia to Turkey… 
Installing delivery is completed this time when I restarted the installing delivery. But I tried again install the same delivery to realize what is the problem. Althought app server’s timezone and region are proper, it could not complete the delivery again(again waiting on  %42, copying client.war). 

I will try stopping the servers right before clicking on “Execute” button of the installer, and then executing the installation.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Nothing changed. I tried what you say. 

“If that doesn’t work perhaps you can reconfigure the environment (without doing any changes) and then retry the installation as well.”

Is this reconfiguration going to enforce me to install certificates again for all clients?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Sometimes, it copies the “client.war” but nevertheless installer waiting on %42.