Solved

Image path for login screen picture in IFS APP10

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

All, 

I have seen the previous post regarding changing the login branding.   After saving the URL’s and restarting the servers, the title has changed, but the standard default IFS picture and logo still appear.    It is apparent that the new images could not be found.  Where should the new logo and background images be placed so that they can be displayed on the login screen? 

Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Sajith D 7 July 2022, 00:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @brantmb,

It’s quite likely that the URL path that you are using in the Branding options is not accessible by the client machines. The images must be accessible without any authentication by the end user browsers.

One way that you can achieve this is by copying the images you are using for branding in to the image folder in www-root in the IFS application server instance (ifs_home). The path would be <ifs_home>\instance\<instance_name>\www-root\Images. When the file is available there, you can access the image using “<YOUR_IFS_URL>/Images/my_brand.jpg” without any authentication. 

probably worth mentioning that the image should not be very high quality and big in size. Bigger the image size, more time it would take to load the image (at least the first time before the browser caches it).

Cheers

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello Sajith, 

Thank you for the clear and concise instructions.  With the information you provided,  I was able to update the branding on the login window. 

Thank you.