Solved

IFS10 Lobby Dashboard

• 22 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello, we are running a project to enhance our Company’s intranet provision. One aspect is to show real-time finance data. I was thinking along the lines of creating a lobby for a user and then a link (somehow) that will show/update a dashboard element on their personal intranet page. 

Not asking how I can achieve this but wanting to know if the concept is at all possible or not. Has anyone worked on and achieved showing lobby data in an external environment outside of IFS10? Or at least know if this is at all possible?     

icon

Best answer by Link 22 December 2022, 16:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Leon I 

if I understood your concept correctly you want to show an IFS lobby on an intranet web page, right?

It isn’t possible.

But maybe you can provide the finace data with boomi (if you use it) and develop a HTML5 lobby on the intranet. The most important step is to get the financial data from IFS. 

Badge +1

Thanks for your response @Link - you are correct in that I want to show IFS data as a dashboard chart/meter on an external intranet webpage. It’s not the actual Lobby widget as such just the data that I can get using a query builder that can feed outside of IFS. 

So your suggestion ‘maybe you can provide the finance data with…...’ I think that is what I now need to investigate, using a 3rd party software that can extract IFS10 data and feed that to the HTML element on the intranet page. 

I’ll take a look at ‘Boomi’ so thanks for that suggestion. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Maybe you’ve already an EAI system (like boomi) which you can use. 

Maybe you can also work with migration jobs from IFS to make the export. But I don’t know if you can process it in real time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

If you want it real time, the best way may be to query the oracle database directly - you could then use any development environment that supported your connection to oracle.  For example, you could write a web application that queried the database using OLEDB...