Solved

IFS Event Action Not Showing Text

• 22 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

The pictures below show the event/actions, as it is to prompt the user with “This part has an open Purchase Order: (Then list the order numbers)” if they modify the characteristics of a part with an open purchase order. However yesterday it was refusing to show the “&HAS_PO” field and only showed the text I had written out, now today it has flipped around and shows the exact opposite. Is their anything I’m missing to get it working?

I’ve tried the below method as well and it didn’t work either:

DECLARE

MESSAGE_ varchar(100) := 'This part has an open Purchase Order: ';

CONCAT_MESSAGE varchar(100);

BEGIN

CONCAT_MESSAGE := CONCAT(MESSAGE_, '&HAS_PO'); IFSAPP.Client_SYS.Add_Info(' ', CONCAT_MESSAGE);

END;

icon

Best answer by sleigr 24 August 2023, 18:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello.

1. Have you tried another message? like
    IFSAPP.Client_SYS.Add_Info(‘’, ‘This is a test message’);
  2. If 1) is okay, you can replace your code by this :
    IFSAPP.Client_SYS.Add_Info(‘’, ‘This part has an open Purchase Order : &HAS_PO’);

Badge +3

The first one worked, however when I put the second one in it only showed &HAS_PO’s data and none of the text before it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hallo

The second has a wrong statement.
client_sys.add_info('WorkOrderReturns', 'INFO: :P1', info_text_)

When you want to work with a variable you have to write first ‘Info:’  I try also fist only ‘:P1’ it was never show me any infos.

This is the reason:

Best Regards,
André

Badge +3

I’ve solved the problem now. The issue was the colon, it was stopping anything from showing up. Once I replaced it with a dash it appeared how I wanted it to.