Question

IFS e-commerce integration?

• 30 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Good morning all. 

I trust I have come to the right place for an enquiry such as this!

I am a relatively new user to IFS and I am looking into implementing a B2B e-commerce system onto an existing IFS platform. My hope is in developing a system whereby IFS can interact with 3D models/3D assemblies whereby customers can navigate around it and click into the contained parts, allowing them to purchase new/spare parts. This will need to ‘bolt-on’ to our IFS database whereby current prices/stock levels etc are transposed into the 3D environment.

Does anybody have any success at implementing a system such as this? I am in the early stages of investigating how to get a system such as this, up and running.

I look forward to hearing back from some of you!

1 reply

Badge +1

Hello-I have seen an option (for internal customer users, not their customers as of yet) where a user can view an exploded view in Solidworks e-Drawings (which has html links back to the spare part in IFS). Users can click the part and add it to a customer order (in IFS).

If you’re looking to take this to another level, you could integrate to a Configure/Price/Quote (CPQ) system. In the US, we work with 2 partners: Tacton and ConfigureOne. We have customers using both products integrated to IFS. Both solutions also offer things like dealer portals, etc.