Question

IFS Cloud projection action using PL/SQL Method

• 17 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi everyone,

For context, I’m trying to use a projections custom action to call a package procedure, passing in values on the page. This Package procedure is from a package I created, not IFS standard

Based on what is seen in the documentation for a procedure to be eligible, my procedure should satisfy the requirements (see below).

My method is to be called Test_Package.test_proc

test_proc is a procedure with no parameters

In the Custom Actions section of the Page Configuration screen we can select a PL/SQL method.

clicking on the “find” option for PL/SQL method we get a list of available methods to be used. What needs to be done in order for my created package procedure to show up here? How is this list generated?

Currently, my package procedure as well as the hundreds of other packages we have created that exist in our database aren’t appearing in this list.

thankyou,

Lavon

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Edwards,

Have you tried refreshing the dictionary cache, After new methods are deployed into the database please make sure to refresh the dictionary cache as this LOV is populated using the dictionary tables. 

/Trewon

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Trewon 

Thank you for your suggestion. Refreshing the dictionary caches did not resolve this issue unfortunately. Do you know which dictionary table might be relevant for this LOV? I also recreated the package with the name test_package_api in case the _api ending was relevant, but that hasn’t fixed the issue either.

Thanks,

Lavon

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Can I know the module that the package that you are deploying belongs to, and is that module active ? If you can send me your DB information I can check why the query doesn’t seem to pick your packages. 

/Trewon

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I had just created the package in the database with the package owner being the application owner. It doesn’t belong to any module that I specified so perhaps this is the issue.

Can you explain how one might assign a created package to a module, or point to any documentation that might assist with this?

Thanks,

Lavon

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

This probably is the issue then,  instead of manually creating the package, Could you please use the IFS Developer studio to do this, Model an entity in a specific module, Implement the needed actions and then refresh dictionary cache. From the query I see that’s used to populate this LOV, Modeling a package without IFS standards wouldn’t include your package and actions in the LOV.

/Trewon