Question

IFS Cloud - Menu IFS Lifecycle Experience Use Place Management not present

• 13 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

I try to install the translations on the Use Place environments using the following IFS procedure: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/047_lifecycle/040_build_place_deliveries/101_ordering-deliveries/

I am at the stage of applying the delivery to the Use place. For this, it is indicated in the documentation that it is necessary to schedule a job via SNOW, via the form "IFS Lifecycle Experience Use Place Management" like this:

I have the role of Technician on the Build Place and this menu does not appear in the CSM Portal.

What role should I have?

Thank you for your help.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Nikita38 is your target use place a Cloud Service environment i.e. hosted by IFS?  
Note that if you have a ‘Remote’ Use place you likely will not see those request forms as there is a different delivery process for remote environments documented here:
https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/047_lifecycle/040_build_place_deliveries/101_ordering-deliveries/#residency-option-2-remote

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to mention, my target Use Place environments are hosted by IFS (residency option IFS Cloud). They are not remote environments.

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Nikita38 did you receive any update on this?  I’ve had 2 customers on 22rx that did not have Use Place Management available, and I’ve not seen any documentation to suggest it is something that needs to be requested.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @jporter I had followed up with @Nikita38 via private message as there were some specific account related elements to validate.  @Nikita38 I’ve not heard back from you so do let me know if you still need help or in fact the issue has been resolved.
@jporter are you able to share a little more about the problems you ahve observed, we’re not aware of any generic problems of this nature and most likely account/user specific so I may need some additional information from you to investigate - feel free to private message me if appropriate.
If we can find anything that would be useful for others to be aware beyond the guidance and links shared above we’ll be sure to post it here

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks @ADMCUK 

I have a customer on 22R2 and another on 21R2, both did not have Use Place Management available by default.  In both cases this was only discovered when we needed to request an important delivery.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks @jporter could you private message me with the customer and if known the users who could not access these forms please and I will investigate further.  I’m assuming they ahve access now?

Badge +3

Hi @ADMCUK 

I (logged in to https://support.ifs.com/ as a partner) also have the same issue that “IFS Lifecycle Experience Use Place Management” is not available as a service under Request a Service → Request a Cloud Service.

But I have allreadt CBP access as Tecnician for 2 IFS Hosted cloud customers. 

Could you please  support me on this issue. 

Appreciate your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @InnChathI please reach out to the Guide Me teams as detailed in the post here 

and they will be able to support you on this issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Nikita38 
One must have admin role access on Lifecycle portal to see this use place management request catalogue.
If you still dont see with Admin access, just log an normal service request to IFS and that should do.
I got it done in a day!

Technician access was not enough in my case.
Hope this help!

Thanks,
Hardik

Badge +3

Hi @InnChathI please reach out to the Guide Me teams as detailed in the post here 

and they will be able to support you on this issue.

Thanks for the help @ADMCUK ,
I managed to get the access through raising a ticket.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

That’s great news @InnChathI thanks for letting me know.