Question

IFS Cloud 23.1.2 - Print Agent

• 17 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Guys,

Need your help with print agent. After update IFS Cloud to 23.1.2, our print agent begin to have a weird behavior. For example, now each 2 days he are having some kind of lock in Oracle Database related to the print agent(once it happens, print agent does not be able to reconnect) and the DDL error showed in the message below:

Anybody has an idea how to solve this problems,

Thanks,

Gianni

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello @gianni.neves .

We recently installed 23.1.2, and we receive the same DDL error, however our print agent still runs and prints documents,  and we do not see the internal server error. 

I’d say that error will be logged somewhere, or its related to the configuration of the print agent, but I dont believe it is related to the DDL error, that I believe is a bug in this release. 

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @gianni.neves & @david.harmer,

The fix for this issue will be synced with cloud version of 23R1 SU5 according to our internal Product Development team.

More information about this issue:

When followed the test plan below this behavior can be noticed.

1. Set up IAM client & configure the Print Agent (PA).
  2. Monitor the logs.
  3. In every 03 minutes, following error captured.

Error:

"Error while looking for jobs. Reason: Internal Server Error
Database error occurred. Contact administrator.
ORA-14552: cannot perform a DDL
Looking for jobs..."

The print jobs get completed without an issue, but the error logs are available.

Root Cause for the issue:

Issue was in alert registration process. A boolean variable was not set which ensures that the alert registration process is executed only once during the loop.

Badge +2

Hi @gianni.neves & @david.harmer,

The fix for this issue will be synced with cloud version of 23R1 SU5 according to our internal Product Development team.

[...]

Was there a fix for this published anywhere that I could do in my environment before getting to 23.1.5? We are on 23.1.3 right now and I’m facing the same issue with my new PA. (Though, mine aren’t fully picking up jobs associated with their Logical Printers yet, so I may have another disconnect as well.)

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @gianni.neves & @david.harmer,

[...]

Was there a fix for this published anywhere that I could do in my environment before getting to 23.1.5? We are on 23.1.3 right now and I’m facing the same issue with my new PA. (Though, mine aren’t fully picking up jobs associated with their Logical Printers yet, so I may have another disconnect as well.)

The fix is with 23.1.5 version as there is a code change. Therefore, new PA doesn’t have this fix.