Solved

IFS Cloud 22R2 - Testing File Sender using IFS Developer Studio

• 10 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

In IFS Documentation, it says

File Sender
Files in the text format can be tested using Developer Studio.

Assume I want to create an outbound csv file using IFS Connect. 
How do I test this using IFS Developer Studio if the csv file is created as expected instead of setting up a FTP/SFTP server?

icon

Best answer by Jonas Feigl 17 April 2023, 15:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

For outbound files you should be able to just route it via the FILE_SENDER to a non-existing folder. The Application Message will then fail but you should be able to see the final file (after transformers have been applied etc.) in the Application Messages.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thanks Jonas, 
If I remember correctly, this will create an xml file in Application Messages even if we specify a csv file in Routing Address> output file. 
However this is not a problem as it has the correct data structure.

Any reason why IFS Documentation says we can test text files using IFS Developer Studio?
I could not find such an option in IFS Developer Studio.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

That is a very good question that I unfortunately can’t answer either :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m also exactly not sure what it meant in the documentation and my interpretation is as follows:

To create a test file output using IFS Connect, you should develop a transformer. Transformer development can be done using the developer studio and you can test the output locally.

read more about transformer development here: About Transformer Development - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@dsj ,

Thanks Damith. 
Yes, I do have experience in Transformer development.
However, what I would like here to is to test a Text file without touching a Transformer.
As @Jonas Feigl suggested, checking the Application Message is the best option here for the time being.

Best regards
GaSoGB