Question

IFS Cloud 22R1 - How to predefine the users home page (the blue house)

• 17 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

When IFS Cloud starts the user has a starting page which is also where the “blue house” sits. The user can then themselves change the starting page.

What I would like to know is if we can centrally control which starting page the user should be on when logged in for the first time.

The problem we are trying to solve is the following: 

The customer wants to build their own lobby page with links to other lobbies and with the ability to put in some information text if needed. The lobby will be adapted so that it works well on a phone.

When the phone users log in the first time we want to put them on this lobby page hence it would be useful if there was some sort of user setting for this or some sort of system parameter

We really miss not having the base profiles in the system this would typically be the place where it would be solved if they were on Applications 10

The Customer is on IFS Cloud 22R1 and expect to go live in April. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @AndreasH,

I’m afraid there is no way to do this yet. As you have mentioned, this would be something the base profiles would have handled. Currently, the only way to set a home page is to click on the recent screens button and then set the home page; and this would have to be done for individual users. 

You can upvote the following Idea regarding base profiles:

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks for the response - I have informed our customer the Swedish Maritime Administration - they are not happy with the situation since they will have 1100 IFS users thus a lot of manual work for them but it is what it is.