Solved

IFS Apps 8 - Connector Sender Out Directory Path

• 29 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I have recently made changes to the filepath used in the OUT_DIRECTORY field of a number of Connector Senders in “Setup IFS Connect”.

These are file senders that push xml files of our Incoming Customer Orders, Invoices and Despatch Advices to a archive folder on our application server.

These changes were made on 24/09/2021 successfully and immediately started working. On the eve of the 25/09/2021 a colleague applied an IFS release and in the process performed a reconfig.

We have since noticed that all changes made to the filepath used in the OUT_DIRECTORY have reverted to the previous value.

Through interrogation of our log files I can clearly attribute the reversal of these changes to the reconfig but am at a loss as to where the value of the OUT_DIRECTORY has been picked up from.

I have attached screenshots of the value before and after the reconfig as an example.

I have so far been looking for a batch of config files specifically relating to each Connector Sender to no avail so am wondering if the value reverted to is held somewhere as a default filepath and if so...where?

icon

Best answer by matt.morge 30 September 2021, 08:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @matt.morge,

When reconfiguring IFS there are a number of check boxes on the installer assistant screen that should be UNCHECKED to stop this from happening.

Import IFS Connect items - Connect Configuration

If you setup new connector senders and leave the IFS standard ones alone this should also stop this from occurring again.

Cheers,

Pete

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks Pete, the screenshot is really useful. Oddly, the majority of the senders affected are our own rather than the standard IFS. This coupled with the fact we have just completed a data centre migration where we have had IFS built from scratch led me to think we could have a folder somewhere containing exported config files. However, the sender in my screenshots was only created on Friday so I know in this instance it wouldn’t be the case.

Anyway, thanks for your quick response, really appreciated.

Kind regards,

Matt

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

When you reconfigure all senders/readers which have “$FNDEXT_HOME” in them will be overwritten with default values. Even if you create an own sender/reader instance.

If you instead change it to the absolute path without “$FNDEXT_HOME” it will not be overwritten.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

That makes perfect sense as it’s essentially what has happened. Will look to amend these to the absolute path.

Thanks Tomas.