Question

IFS Apps. 10 - Main Configuration Screen

• 25 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew if IFS provides a master configuration screen explaining the details behind the setup of each standard field within the ERP system?  For example, where is the configuration screen which shows the Product Code field (Database Field:   PART_PRODUCT_CODE) setup as a ‘non-updateable’ field with a 5 character limit?

I’m also trying to understand if any standard fields can be expanded without causing downstream impact/corruption within the ERP system.

Thanks,

Rick Messina

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,
there is page “Logical Unit” (ifsapf:frmLogicalUnit), where are shown all Logical unit details.

Extending length of columns could be very tricky.
It is very hard to find all usages over whole DB and check if all usages is safe to extend.

Column value could be used in another tables, assigned to too short variables or used in problematic SQL constructions (eg. LISTAGG limited to 4000 characters).
In IEE client must be located all usages and extended UI field restrictions and also check length of variables.

For example is impossible to track all occurrences of column part_catalog_tab.description, there is many description columns and variables of same name. Also orders primary keys is hard to track, because of order_no column value is very often stored in columns like “ref1”, “order_ref1”, “identity1”, …

So it depends on every one column, on some it is possible but always with risk of future (sometimes hidden) errors.

BR

Badge +3

Filip,

Thank you for your feedback here.  I completely agree with you that there are ‘potential’,

significant risks and downstream impacts throughout the ERP system if changes to these base level configurations are made.

Regards,

Rick