Solved

ifs 9 quick report SQL won't display results

Badge +3

A quick report SQL query runs but does not display the results. The query works fine in SQL Developer. Do not know what issue is. 

icon

Best answer by Tracy Norwillo 9 June 2022, 15:34

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Assuming that after you created the Quick Report, you granted it to a permission set that you have access to...

If you are using two different users for the Quick Report and SQL Developer, it’s probably a permissions issue.  Many IFS views have checks in the Where clause to verify if the current user has access to the data.

If your QR has many views, you can create some test reports with simple “Select * from <view>” statements to identify the problem area.

There may also be a difference in the way report parameters are handled in the QR vs SQL Developer.  To test this, just comment out your parameters and see if that’s the issue.

One other odd thing I’ve run across if I change what I’m selecting in a QR statement, I need to view where the output should be, right click, and choose, “Reset Current View”.

Badge +3

Logged on as same user. A vendor wrote report. I just copied the code to our PROD environment and it displayed. Previous version worked and only thing changed in code was to change a column used and to divide by another column. It’s report being rewritten because had same issue with old report using a procedure running long and then no display also. 

Badge +3

I’m not understanding where  you’re doing the “Reset Current View”. 

thank you. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Resetting the current view is done on the report output window, but this isn’t applicable if your problem is that the report is timing out and not displaying.  It only works to reset the order of the columns and if somehow, all of the columns were hidden, you would right click and choose Columns/Show All.

Does the previous version still return results in whatever instance you’re testing the new version?

Have you tried putting the Debug Console on then running the report to help pinpoint the issue?

In your Presentation Object Grants, is there anything in the Database Object window that needs to be granted?

If none of this helps, can you post your FROM and WHERE part of your SQL?

Badge +3

HI

I did the reset and ran report and behavior was the same. I saw a page flash but then blank. I then went to right click>Column> Show all and the report displayed! 

The previous version had still worked in TEST and putting new version in PROD for first time it ran and displayed. 

I’m not an IFS guru so for future reference Where/how do I start the Debug Console?

Thanks for your help. 

Jackie

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

A few words to explain what is going on in IFS v9:

Regarding the right click (Right Mouse Button or RMB in IFS terms), Reset Current View and Column/Show all, these two actions affect how the screen is displayed.  When you change how the screen is displayed and properly log off the IFS application, your choices are stored in the profile that was active at the time you made the screen change.  Through user deliberate actions or sometimes, inexplicable flukes, the look of a page can get changed or “messed up” and things can be hidden.  That flash you saw was a good indication that you had permissions to the data but it was “hiding from you” due to a profile setting.

Regarding the Debug Console, in any screen in IFS, press the ALT button on your keyboard.  A menu should appear at the top left of your IFS screen containing File, View, Tools, Window, Help.  Click on Tools and choose Debug Console.  This will launch a separate popup window containing the Debug Console.  Most of what you do from this point on will be captured and displayed in the Debug Console.  If you’re trouble-shooting something, turn it on right before you perform the action you want to capture and go to it right after to see the results.