IFS 10 UPD9 Outlook CRM with SSO

• 2 February 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 117 replies

Hello,

Has anyone had an issue using the Outlook IFS CRM panel when SSO is enabled?  The CRM panel was working until SSO was enabled.  Now, when the user is in Outlook and clicks on the CRM  there is a Log In prompt but no log in screen is presented.

Is anyone familiar with setting up a connection between the Outlook IFS CRM Panel and SSO?  We are using Apps 10, UPD9.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @jtobin ,

CRM Panel does work with SSO but you would need couple of additional things setup related to the callback URL in Azure AD or ADFS. You can find the required information in https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps10upd8/Foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/130_add-on_cmp/rmpanl/default.htm.

One other thing that i’ve noticed in an earlier update is that even after all this is setup the login process didn't work until you login to Aurena with the same user account that you are trying to log on to the CRM Panel. This is due to the nature of the security setup in Azure where the very first logon required the user to confirm that they are consenting to the app registration. This pop up didn’t come up CRM Panel but does come up in Aurena. This would be a one time thing so the user just need to login to Aurena just once before connecting to CRM Panel.

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Sajith D   Thanks for the info. I had a question regarding the first step which is referring to the manifest file. I can see that the template has already URLs defined in the “AppDomains” section. Are we supposed to replace those with our URL or just add additional ones that apply to us ? Screenshot below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @jtobin ,

You would need to add your ADFS base URL if you are using ADFS under the App domains but nothing to be added for Azure AD as far as i know given that the base URL for Azure AD is always the same for all App registrations. I have only configured SSO with Azure AD personally and i didn't have to make any changes for the App Domains then.

Cheers

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

hi @jtobin have you resolve this issue as yet?  We are running into the same issue. Manly on step number 3 of under ADFS on @Sajith D  last post.

Would really like to chat with you about this if you got this resolved. 

Thank you Advance

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello @montez.knowles  I am not the user implementing the solution, so I don’t know if this has been resolved.  But I will find out from the user to see if this has helped and I’ll let you know.

Thank you,

Joann

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello @jtobin any luck with this as yet? I have had none so I am looking for additional help  in trying to resolve this for my org.

Thanks in Advance

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello, @montez.knowles :

We haven’t had any luck with this yet.  My next step is to log a case with IFS; I’m waiting on feedback from the user regarding Sajith D’s recommendation in order to submit a case.  If we do get a resolution, I’ll post it here.

Thank you,

Joann

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello,

Is anyone using SSO with the IFS Outlook CRM panel?  We are still unable to get it to work.

Thank you,

Joann

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@montez.knowles Per my IFS case, the problem is related to a bug that is fixed in UPD10

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hey, @jtobin thank you for your reply. We are on update 10 and still have the same issue. Question for you. According to the case they are requiring a single application group. 

Are you configured for one application group in ADFS? 

We are configured for two application group as per the initial requirements for IFS. 

@Sajith D can this work with the two ADFSapplication group setup?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@montez.knowles I’m not sure of the answer to your question about whether or not the configuration is for one application group.  I was asking the questions on behalf of Caltrol - to get specific information about their setup, your best bet is to send a message directly to Mike G. at Caltrol.