Solved

IEE 404 Error - client.war not found

• 13 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hello all,

I’m trying to clone a dev instance from one server to another and the new server is failing to create the client.war file when reconfiguring or installing the instance. Currently, we have tried:

• Cloned the instance, copied the clone to the new server, and ran restore_clone.sh
  • Ran installer.sh and reconfigured the instance
  • Deleted the instance, recreated the instance

I’ve followed the details in this article as well as this article to no avail. The client deployment is completely missing from both the repository and instance folders.

Here is the error message that we’re getting in Firefox:

I’ve attached the error message that we get in chrome as well.

Any help is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by mkellythegreat 20 June 2023, 16:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @mkellythegreat,

When you extract the clone zip file, do you see the client.war file in the following directory? 

\\<IFS_HOME>\instance\<InstanceID>\

Please check whether you can find this in the source environment as well. You can try copying the client.war over to the target environment from the source environment manually and then do a reconfiguration to see if it would work. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +4

Hello Charith,

Thank you for the speedy reply. Unfortunately, no, there was no client.war in the cloned \\<IFS_HOME\instance\<InstanceID> folder. I checked the old server and it was present in the aforementioned folder. I copied the file over as you suggested and ran a reconfig, but unfortunately we’re still getting the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @mkellythegreat,

Could you try to copy the client.war file to the following directory? 

\\<IFS_HOME>\wls_domain\<InstanceID>\servers\MainServer1\stage\client\

If there are sub directories within the above directory, then you need to copy the file to the one with the latest timestamp. 

Once this is done, you can try to start the deployment from IFS MWS Admin Console as mentioned in following article. 

Badge +4

Hello Charith,

I followed the steps you provided, but there was no client folder in “ \\<IFS_HOME>\wls_domain\<InstanceID>\servers\MainServer1\stage\client\ ”. I created a client folder and uploaded the client.war file anyway, but when I check the MW server there is no client deployment (even after restarting MWS). See below:

I also ran a reconfiguration after uploading the client.war file and still had the same results.

Badge +4

Update - Found this article (https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/020_installation/020_installing_fresh_system/050_initial_system_configuration/005_user_interfaces/050_enterprise_explorer/010_clickonce.htm) and followed the steps to run F1mage.exe for a linux instance. Copied the files back to the linux server and everything is working as intended.