Question

HTTP 403 Forbidden

• 18 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

We are encountering an issue with Rest sender. When we try to send a request to an external RestAPI from IFS APPS10 application, we get 403 (Forbidden) error.

We tried reconfiguring routing rules, addresses, and also the IFS application but no luck. We also checked the DNS configuration.

This works fine via Postman. Even, tried sending the request from IFS APPS10 application server using a browser and it works fine there too. It’s just the IFS application (routing rules and addresses) that can’t access the API it seems.

Please let us know if anyone has encountered this error before and was able to resolve it. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks & Regards,

Mohit.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Have not encountered that but my first thought is that it is credential related.  When accessing it via browser you’re perhaps using/passing your own creds, whereas the Apps server backend call is perhaps calling anonymously or with some other cred or cert.

Maybe check to see if the API you are calling is configured to need specific creds or certs.

I know this is a rather vague suggestion but perhaps it will help…

Nick

Badge +5

Thanks, Nick for the quick response.!!

We do have specific credentials and we have configured them in the routing address but it is still not working. The weird thing is that it used to work two weeks ago but all of sudden, it has stopped.

Thanks & Regards

Mohit.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

So I’d guess either it isn’t sending the creds correctly, or perhaps something changed on the receiver side 2 weeks ago in the security realm e.g. perhaps they are now enforcing TLS2.0 and turned off TLS1.1 or something like that.

The only other thing I can think is that if you changed the creds in the  routing addresses, maybe you need a restart to pick them up or flush something through?

HTH,

Nick

Badge +5

Thanks Nick.!!

I’ll check if anything has been changed on the receiver end. Will post it.

Thanks & Regards

Mohit.