Solved

How to setup Developer Studio with Docker to debug projection implementations (JAVA) ?

• 10 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I have a requirement to add some logic to the ‘Transfer to Payroll’ Assistant in App10 AURENA.

The logic is written inside a java file. I adjusted the logic, but there seems to be something wrong with it. I wanted to debug the impl file. Can somebody share the correct way to set up docker and do the JAVA debugging correctly?

icon

Best answer by mewantha 10 February 2022, 11:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Badge +2

The information is as follows for Apps 10. It is slightly different for cloud:

Prerequisites: Developers should have Docker desktop installed.

How to setup

• Open Project Properties. (RMB on the project node and select properties)
  • Select Technologies tab and select Docker Support checkbox. (01)

• Synchronize Libraries. ( RMB in the project node and select Synchronize Libraries ) (02)

How to deploy and run

• Add your projection files which contain java implementations to the Application Server. (RMB on the projection file and select Add to Application Server)
  • Clean and Build the Application Server and make sure the build is successful without any errors

• Start Docker. (RMB on the Application Server node and select Start Docker)(NOTE: This can take some time for the first time to download the docker image file)

• Wait till a message shows up that the server is ready

• Deploy your Java implementations (RMB on the Application Server node and select Deploy)

• The server will be running on localhost:8001

Sample : http://localhost:8001/main/ifsapplications/web/page/MovieManager/MovieDetails;path=0.146179876.1178091668;record=KE1vdmllSWQ9MSk%3D

• Invoke your java implementation from the Aurena FW.
  • If you want to change your java implementation, do necessary changes in the FunctionsImpl.java and ActionsImpl.java files and use quick deploy option to deploy them to the application server.

How to debug

• Attach the java debugger from the developer studio.

• Make sure the Debugger type is Java Debugger (JPDA)
  • Connector is Socket Attach
  • Port is 8787
  • Press OK

• Place breakpoints at the lines that you want your code to break by clicking on the line numbers

• Execute the function or action from the Aurena Client that is running on the localhost.

Badge +2

Thank you @mewantha

This should be the correct way. I followed it and I came up until the deploy. I am getting an error. have you encountered this earlier.

Badge +2

Thank you @mewantha

This should be the correct way. I followed it and I came up until the deploy. I am getting an error. have you encountered this earlier.

I haven’t come across this exact issue. What does your service-vars.env and docker-compose.yml look like? You can find there in the files tab of the navigator.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @shashikahk 

Information provided by Mewantha is correct. 

you can also refer to the Developer Guide in Developer portal : https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/050_development/050_development_tools/002_developer_studio/030_reference/600_java_debugger/

This is for cloud track but only difference is the Debugger Port which should be 8787 in Apps10 as Mewantha mentioned.

In cloud : 18787

In Apps10 : 8787

Thanks

Harshini

Badge +2

Thank you @mewantha

I haven’t come across this exact issue. What does your service-vars.env and docker-compose.yml look like? You can find there in the files tab of the navigator.

I can find the yml file but not the .env.

Here is the .yml’s configuration.

Badge +2

Thank you @mewantha

I can find the yml file but not the .env.

Here is the .yml’s configuration.

Yes the env files are only created for cloud and not Apps 10. If you can send me the full log of the uxx-local-server container I can look into it. Meanwhile, you can try stopping and cleaning up the server and running it again.

Badge +2

Hi,

I tried to setup a different project and extracted the following logs.

error1.txt contains the logs when the docker server is started.

error2.txt contains once after the projection is deployed.

Thank you.