Question

How to send email via workflow

• 9 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

How can I send an email using a workflow? The event action type of email is so limiting, I can’t fetch values that I need to send an email, like the contact email for a business opportunity, so I have to use a workflow and use projection actions.

How can I achieve this?
Thanks,
Bryan

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi Bryan,

Within CE you can use actions to send emails as you already mentioned.   The reply to can be populated via variables (you need to enclose variables such as sys_ReplyTo in % characters).

You could also use the  LaunchScript to run a queue progression script.  Queue progression scripts which also has the capability of send emails and use the invoke provider action to retrieve information.

Hope these helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @pditmore 

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, for business opportunities, you don’t get the contact email when trying to set up the email, only the user email. How can I use a queue progression script to retrieve that information? I’m not finding any real documentation on Queue progression scripts.
Thanks,
Bryan

Badge +2

Hi Bryan,

I just want to make sure we’re not talking at cross purposes.  

My response related to CE and it’s workflow and queue progression capabilities.  Which are core the platform’s capability.

Does your question relate to IFS cloud rather than the CE module?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @pditmore 
When you say CE I’m assuming you mean Custom Events right?

I’m using IFS Cloud and I’ve created an email type custom event. I’ve never heard of queue progression scripts before, but I have created and used custom events, event actions, and workflows.

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@pditmore for more information, this is the error I get

This is the event action

This is my event

and this is my custom attribute

I hope this helps

Thanks,
Bryan