Question

How To Modify Existing Operational Report in Dev Studio

• 3 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I’m trying to understand how to change the content (not just the layout) of an existing operational report. In Dev Studio I can browse down the core files and find the .report file, however right-clicking only gives the option to Open it.

For other items, there is typically a Customize This option which then creates a new file for me to modify in my project.

How can I do this for a report?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @georgel,

I believe this is because the Layered Application Architecture is not applicable for the RDF. Please have a look at the following post regarding pretty much the same topic:

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that link is not working for me, it says the content is restricted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @georgel,

Please find the attached PDF document.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @georgel 

Layered Application Architecture (LAA) support is not available for .report models. Therefore “Customize This” RMB option is not available for reports. Instead you can take a copy of the .report file and place it inside the respective folder in customer solution repository and do the required modifications in that file. Then the code generator will give priority to the .report file residing inside customer solution repository when generating code. In that way you can modify the the .report file and generate RDF file. 

/Harshini

Badge +1

Thank you for the explanation. I will try copying the .report file and see how I get on.