Question

How to hide fields from Column Chooser's hidden section based on permissions set ?

• 17 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

As depicted in the below figure, three fields must be hidden from the column chooser's hidden section based on the permissions granted to the specific user.

How can we achieve this without disabling the Column Chooser option for the users? Is there any solution for this?

Thank you  !!🙂

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

This seems Dynamics columns should be available for different permission sets.  I’m doubt of hiding from Column chooser is possible dynamically. 

Do you want to hide information from user or you want to remove from Column Chooser only?

I mean if the customer wants to hide information from specific users you may nee different VIEWs.

BR

/Nishantha 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Pls check this.

BR

/Nishantha 

Badge +1

Hi,

This seems Dynamics columns should be available for different permission sets.  I’m doubt of hiding from Column chooser is possible dynamically. 

Do you want to hide information from user or you want to remove from Column Chooser only?

I mean if the customer wants to hide information from specific users you may nee different VIEWs.

BR

/Nishantha 

Hi,

Thank you Nishantha.

Yes, Customer wants to hide information from specific user.( only to be available when the user is set up with permission set)

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @RavihariJ,

If disabling the column chooser is not an option, then perhaps what you can do is create a custom logical unit by only including the necessary columns. Then create a custom page for the LU and give those users access to the custom page instead of the original page. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hi @RavihariJ,

If disabling the column chooser is not an option, then perhaps what you can do is create a custom logical unit by only including the necessary columns. Then create a custom page for the LU and give those users access to the custom page instead of the original page. 

Hope this helps!

Hi @Charith,Thanks for your suggestion. Since the customer accepts the following, we decided to proceed with the suggested way of hiding relevant fields for all users and making them available only when user is set up with the permission set, but will not be shown in the column chooser for both permitted and non-permitted users.

BR/
Ravihari