Question

How to extract Employee information via API (Apps 10)

• 22 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 87 replies

I’m trying to extract Employee information from IFS Apps 10 (Update 6) via SOAP API (specifically employee: identity, job title, department, and manager) which I then plan to ingest into one of our other systems.

I’m unable to get the data out of IFS though - it just returns a response with exactly the data I passed to it. The IFS Interface Browser documentation suggest the EmployeeInteraction.sendEmployee action is a 2-way soap action.

I’ve confirmed the account I’m using has access to the area and data.

See below example of my SOAP UI project. What am I missing to obtain the specified employee’s details?

SOAP UI project
Raw request data for the above pictured API call.

If there’s a better way to do this in the REST API (unable to find much documentation on that) then that’d be even better but I’d also be happy just getting this working for now.

2 replies

Hi, starting with UPD8 you can convert the Aurena projections as integration type REST APIs and utilize them accordingly. A good approach would be to take UPD8 and then investigate on the API explorer page in Aurena.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks Tharindu, is there a way to extract the information via API in Update 6 in the mean-time until we’re able to upgrade to Update 8?