Solved

How to determine which Operational Report Layout to use when printing a report via Button

• 30 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I am creating Custom Layout Definitions using Crystal Report.

I am currently having issues with the Service Quotation and the Service Order Acknowledgement. Since these two Operational Reports use the same Report Definition, and the same View, I cannot tell which report the user wants to print. I would like to have 2 buttons like IFS has, where one prints the Service Quotation and the other Prints the Service Order Acknowledgement, but from what I can tell, there is no way to do that.

There is nothing in the table/view you can base your operation on as they use the same table/view, and 99% of the data is the exact same. The only thing different is the title of the report, and the fact that the Service Order Acknowledgement has a acknowledgement statement added to the page. 

Do I really have to have the user manually determine which one they want in the popup print window when they are already hitting the print button?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by bdoucette 4 April 2023, 17:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I am not familiar with those reports.  Are you saying these both have the same report_id or the same layout_name?  report_layout_tab

Can you identify the package or the report_id?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I am not familiar with those reports.  Are you saying these both have the same report_id or the same layout_name?  report_layout_tab

Can you identify the package or the report_id?

Hi,

The reports have the same Report_ID, they are both considered the same Report Definition, but for each report definition, you can have multiple different layouts. I have 2 layouts that can be printed for the same report.

For example, I have the Service Quotation report, that has the report id of QUOTATION_LETTER_REP. I have 2 layouts created.

I ended up using the state field in the QUOTATION_LETTER_REP which is either 0 when it is a quote, or 1 when it is a service order acknowledgement. I used this to dynamically change one layout definition, which solved my issue. I also looked up online and found the area where you can determine which layout to use. This can be found on the report rule page and if you create an action, you can pick which layout to use.

I hope this helps,
Bryan