Solved

How to copy content from one context to another?

• 15 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello,

I would like to know if there is some possibility how to copy content of the context created in Aurena (some changes done via page designer) from one context to another.

Thank you for your answers

icon

Best answer by Piumi Rubasinghe 15 April 2021, 10:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hello @osojans,

I don’t think we have such a functionality in Aurena yet. But you can make available both contexts to a user by using same condition or defining a condition that make true for both scenarios for your particular user.

you can find more information from F1 documentation.

https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps10/foundation1/045_administration_aurena/220_configuration/330_configuration_contexts/default.htm

Thank you.

Badge +3

Hi @PiumiRubasinghe,

We also have the same requirement where more than one context is available for user.

I tried your suggestion but I’m afraid it’s not working as we expect.

Here I’ve setup two context mappings with same condition

Seems none of the the contexts applied now and when I open the navigator designer, it shows the context as AMBIGIOUS. We are in Apps10 UDP 8.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hello @gpkrish,

This is because you have same configuration in both Contexts. This would not work in such scenarios.

You can find more information from F1 docs. I will mention some here.

“A request for configurations is ambiguous if: More than one specific configuration context is mappable for the current request and there exists configurations stored for more than one of these contexts.

Example: User A is navigating to page X and while doing so both specific context Y and Z maps to A. At this time page X have only one configuration stored and that is for Y. In this case the page will show without error because only one configuration was applicable.

Same example as above but this time page X also have a configuration for context Z. At this time user A will get an error message stating that the navigation was ambiguous and the administrator should be made aware of the situation.”

Thank you.

Badge +3

Thanks @PiumiRubasinghe ,

In our scenario, context Y depends on context X

The idea was to have user A - context X, user B - X + Y

How can we achieve such a configuration?

Example configuration

Context X

context Y

Regards,

Krish

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hello @gpkrish,

I’m not sure whether this would work, but by considering only A and B users, you can try to add HR Services> Self Service to Context X and HR Services>HR Management to Context Y. Then make Context X available for the User A and both X and Y Contexts to user B by defining a proper condition.

However, I have no idea of the complexity of this thing when it comes to a huge user base with various requirements in other areas as well. In Such scenarios it may be convenient maintaining 2 separate Contexts.

Anyway, if the above steps didn’t work for you, the final option would be creating 2 separate Contexts for users according to their requirement in business process.

Thank you.