Question

How to change Max Idle time in IFS Cloud

• 24 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

In IFS Cloud(21R2), what are the options available to change automatic log out time of the IFS client application and mobile client when a user hasn’t been active for sometime (X minutes) ?

I noticed that there is a system parameter called ‘Max idle time’ in Apps10 but I coudn’t find the same in IFS Cloud. 

Best regards,

Indika

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @HoiIndikW,

There is no way of doing this in IFS Cloud 21R2. At least not yet. The default values are set as below,

Session Idle is 2 hours, SSO Session Max is 10 hours and Access token time span is 1 hour.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @HoiIndikW ,

As noted above by @Himasha Abeywickrama , the the default timeout values have been defined in the 

default identity provider. As the access token life span is set to 1 hour, the user will be prompted to login again to the application if the client is left idle for more than 1 hour.  These values in identity provider have not been exposed in the application and hence not configurable at the moment. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Himasha Abeywickrama and @Kasun Balasooriya,

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards,

Indika 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Himasha Abeywickrama Has this changed for 23R2?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@MELuther A system parameter has been added in 23R2 to control the timeout value.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Roel van Zwieten FndSettings is fully granted to the permission set I have. I can see the system parameter, but it is not editable. Other parameters are editable.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Which parameter are we talking about? Both of these cannot be edited.

BTW, if the first parameter parameter on this list is linked to Oracle max_idle_time, has the second one had its counterpart somewhere?