Question

How can I deactivate automated user creation in IFS Cloud

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Dear Team!

Based on the user creation process in IFS Cloud.

Using the standard screen, it is possible to deactive the Create Person option. 

For a customer, the users will be created via SCIM.

Thus, it is not possible to somehow untick this during creation. Persons should not be created.

By default this is set to enabled

There is no System parameter to define this setting.

In former IFS Releases, you may skip the Person Details and this resultet in no person being created.

Can this be achieved with SCIM as well? If yes, please state how.

The information here

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/030_administration/010_security/025_scim/#scim-attribute-mapping

Provides only that there are mapping attributes. But not if they can be skipped to prevent user creation.

Kind regards,

Tobias

14 replies

Badge +3

hello did you mamange to get an answer to this , I have been asked about this same thing  

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @JasonPM 

Unfortunately not. I will try to follow up with colleagues regarding this topic.

Kind regards,
Tobias

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Technical Toby I am also looking for more info on this. Any update?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Would also love to hear something from RnD regarding this.

Badge +3

23R1 may offer the solution?

Badge +1

Also would like an answer to this from IFS technical or R&D

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Waiting to hear response on this as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Technical Toby , 

Why do you want to create a user without a person from SCIM? 

Using SCIM we sync the users in your AD. Aren’t they real persons/employees? 

Could you please explain us along with a valid example? 

/Subhashini 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Dear @subslk 

Based on standard business requirements, Users shall be created automatically, but the person behind it will be created by the HR department of customers.

And it might happen that the person will be created differently.

Kind regards,

Tobias

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@subslk 

And basically: If you can toggle the creation of a person while creating a user manually, this feature should be there for automatic creation as well. :)

Thanks,

Tobias

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello, 

Has there been a solution to this? We have had two different customers, in the last week, run into this same issue. I’m sure there are a lot more out there. As @Technical Toby has mentioned this is a pretty standard requirement from customers.

In IEE versions of IFS, we were able to turn off the automatic Person ID creation as part of the User Detail Settings (this setting impacted all users that were created and not just one record). However in Cloud, we have to do this for every Person ID record created. If you have a lot of users to create, this can be time consuming and painful process. 

Thank you!

Nik 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for the input. We will consider this in a future release. 

/Subhashini 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello

Also currently struggling with it. Person ID is created by HR on the employee file.

I must be able to provide it during SCIM as parameter to just link it to an existing person ID.

@techarisp did you find anything? Support is also taking it back with product development… 

Thanks

Dominik

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

IFS support informed be this function will come in 24R2 to control Person ID with Azure SCIM….