Solved

How can I copy a Customer Order to a different site?

• 8 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

How can I copy a Customer Order to a different site? All parts are setup on both sites. The menu option does not allow a different site, is there any way to copy orders to another site.

icon

Best answer by arebbeadle 11 February 2023, 20:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Really depends on the status of a customer order. My guess would be to use a migration job to export the information to a server location and another migration job picks up the information, includes the new site and there you have the same order in another site. Be aware that the other site might/is connected to another company and therefor the customer information that is company connected needs to be in place.

Another option might be to use the Replication jobs in migration jobs (I've never seen that transactional data, like customer order, is replicated), but not sure if this is the way to go.

Best would be to check about how many customer order you talk. In my view, building a possible complex migration job for less than 1000 records is a waste of time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I found you can copy Order header data and orderline data between sites as long as you assign a different Order No.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

😁Now you can mark your own answer as best answer. Thanks for this tip.