Solved

Help granting Individual C/R/U/D access for Permission Sets in Aurena

• 21 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello.

I have created a new permission set and am modifying the ‘Entity Action Grants’ through the Projection Grants window for the ChangeRequestHandling Projection I have added to my permission set. (See image below).

I am trying to restrict certain CRUD functionality for a specific entity (EcoRequest). I want to allow Update, but disallow Create and Delete functionality. Is there a way to currently do this in Aurena, or even in Enterprise Explorer? All I seem to be able to do is grant the full CRUD available. I’m using IFS version 10 Update 10. Any help with this would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 21 January 2021, 21:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I think that there is a limitation that you either get all or read only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ChaMylesC ,

I’m not sure about Aurena but if using Enterprise Explorer you could do this by modify the permissions and clicking on database objects tab to revoke NEW and REMOVE and grant them access to MODIFY.  

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @william.klotz . That is really great information, thank you!

I went ahead and tried it but I can’t seem to get it to work on the Aurena side. I grant Full access to the ECO_Request page, and unchecked the NEW__ and REMOVE__ through the database object tab for the permissions set, but I can still add and delete change requests on the Aurnea page. Does the database object tab only affect the EE pages, as in the presentation objects not the projections?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI @ChaMylesC ,

I do not believe you’ll be able to create a permission set for Aurena users which grants Modify access but revokes New and Remove access.  If the users were using Enterprise Explorer I know revoking New and Remove access and granting modify only access works I’ve done this in our current system.

I personally believe this is a limitation in the Aurena permission sets and hopefully a more granular capability will be added in future releases.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks @william.klotz .

I also think this is a limitation on the Aurnea side. I hope they add this capability in a future release.

Thank you again for your responses, they are much appreciated!